Can you Go back to this game?

#1 Edited by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

I was thinking of picking it up on PSN because i have never played it. I played a few of the sequels but never touched the original. I was wondering if anyone else picked it up recently and played through it for the first time.\\\ 

EDIT: General Discussion Bug....I am talking about Silent Hill

#2 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

from what i hear its really the second one that made the series good. So, maybe not?

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Well, since Shattered Memories is supposed to be a re imagining of the original game, maybe you don't have to go back that far.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

I suggest trying Silent Hill 2, if you haven't already. The best horror game ever made. The first is skippable, but if you become a huge fan of the series you should probably try it out sometime.

#5 Posted by Wipeout (270 posts) -

I enjoyed the original a lot in it's time, but I could never go back and play it again.  

#6 Posted by spankingaddict (2735 posts) -

i just bought it on psn last night. i played all the major silent hill games(sh2, sh3, sh 4 the room, and sh5) and if you like those, you should enjoy sh1. I think so far, its more like the resident evil 1& 2 games on the ps. The controls are similar. i think its still playable, but that might be because ive always played old horror games like silent hill...

#7 Posted by CrashRHCP (25 posts) -

I played in the begging of the year and i got pretty addicted.  If you like the others you should probably try it.

#8 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

It's a fantastic game and easily playable now. The reimagining of it, Shattered Memories, has little to do with the source material and isn't another way of playing it.

#9 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he decided already, guys..

#10 Posted by TheBlindChessman (241 posts) -
@CrashRHCP said:
" I played in the begging of the year and i got pretty addicted.  If you like the others you should probably try it. "
I like the idea that someones been sat around thinking about playing it for 7 months and now you've finally convinced them.
#11 Posted by CrashRHCP (25 posts) -
@TheBlindChessman said:
" @CrashRHCP said:
" I played in the begging of the year and i got pretty addicted.  If you like the others you should probably try it. "
I like the idea that someones been sat around thinking about playing it for 7 months and now you've finally convinced them. "
Lol, i only noticed the date now...
#12 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think because literally nobody does prerendered backgrounds anymore, there's a quaint charm to going back to a game like that even if the movement controls are screwed up.

#13 Posted by Aetheldod (3707 posts) -
@ryanwho: ??? there no prerendered backgrounds in Silent Hill , and yes I would tell you go ahead and play the game , but then again I love all Silent Hills so Im a way biased
#14 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I could have sworn the first one did. What the hell am I thinking about. I know SH2 had parts with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.