Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 31, 1999

Everyman Harry Mason searches the desolate town of Silent Hill for his missing daughter in the first of a series of survival horror titles that rely more on unsettling atmosphere than jump scares for tension.

Silent Hill Insanity

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By dichemstys

Over the past two days I've been trying to finish Silent Hill for the first time. I always got up to the hospital and stopped playing. I started fresh yesterday. I got tripped up on one puzzle in particular for two hours, which is why I'm writing this.

I was in overthinking mode due to the game's themes and storyline. I analyzed everything being said. When I got to the “Nowhere” area, I got stuck on the door where you have the alphabet as an input, and there is a list of names next to it:

35 Lydia Findly

60 Trevor F. White

18 Albert Lords

45 Roberta T. Morgan

38 Edward C. Briggs

The hint for the puzzle said that you had to input the names in the right order, by age. I knew I had the right order, Albert, Lydia, Edward, Roberta, and Trevor.

What I didn't know was how to input them. I first tried all the initials of the people, inputting ALLFECBRTMTFW. That didn't work. I tried inputting their first names in order. Then I tried their full name, which took forever. That didn't work. Finally after staring at it I realized the names formed the word ALERT when in the right order, going by the first letter of the first names. It was SO OBVIOUS!

I was relieved and pissed that I missed that at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.