Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hills

Game » consists of 0 releases.

What was to be a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise for the PS4 involving Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, was officially cancelled on April 27, 2015. The 'PT' demo of the game has also been taken off PSN.

P.T. Anyone try this yet? (WE KNOW WHAT THIS IS NOW)

• 136 results
    Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was just announced at Gamescom so I downloaded it and tried it out. It had a pretty scary atmoshphere but also seemed like it had some cheesy horror cliches in there...also, I have no idea how to beat it?? I just kept walking in a circle at the end and had no idea what to do so I have no clue what this game/concept is.

WE KNOW WHAT IT IS ANSWER IN BLACK BELOW

NEW SILENT HILL BY KOJIMA / DEL TORO STARRING NORMAN REEDUS

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Devil240Z

I found out that you have to click in the right stick at one point. would be nice if they told you the controls. but I didn't finish it. got to another part where I had no idea what the game wanted me to do.

Darklord110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I pretty much agree. It looks good, and I like the creepy atmosphere, but I basically gave up by the end when I got to a point where I was just wandering around with no idea what the game wanted me to do.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yea, just tried it. Looks great and good atmosphere. But I also got stuck on the part where the middle door opens up a bit and you hear a baby crying. Guess that was it?

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By brutushayesosu

Had a couple of scary moments but yeah I just walked back and forth over and over until I gave up. The guy on the radio told me not to turn around so I walked backwards. Nothing happened. I'll watch Patrick play it later instead

Darklord110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck: There is actually more after this. I was stuck there for a while until something finally happened. I got stuck later on.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I hate scary games but downloaded this anyway. Played for about 5 minutes and then stopped. I'll watch Patrick play it.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there anything that merits the screaming that lady was doing in the teaser?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaLe

I'm stuck running (not walking) through an infinite looping red hallway. Anyone know how to get past this part?

It's definitely given me some goosebumps but no jumps or screams. I think it has a lot of potential, and looks great. That rotting banana is probably the best looking rotting banana I've ever seen in a game.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cale said:

That rotting banana is probably the best looking rotting banana I've ever seen in a game.

Year of the banana!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tried what? Is P.T. the name of something?

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even money this is Toyama's (Silent Hill, Siren) new project. Watched a stream of it a bit ago and was riddled with anxiety. There's definitely a lot more to it (in terms of progression) than some of you are posting about. Protip: Get to the glory hole.

I'd really like to have a special "Unfinished Spookin'" with Patrick that's available for all to see.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaLe

@jacobbrodersen: I've done that in every bathroom I've come across and nothing happens. What do you mean by a missing painting? Each bathroom with a wall on the other side has a picture with either an eye or some other thing just wiggling around.

Edit, never mind, I found a painting on the floor and figured it that would be the one!

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

That rotting banana is probably the best looking rotting banana I've ever seen in a game.

Year of the banana!

Quite possibly Matt Kessler's scariest game of the year.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the "Red Light" 'ending' yeah? I've seen the green and yellow light outcomes. Also, this isn't a proper demo, it's a teaser; so getting a few good scares in, liking the vibe they are going for yet having no idea what the premise is about sounds like they hit its target. I'm interested to hear what you (or anyone else) think about whether this was rendered on the FOX Engine or not?

@cale: Go into the bathroom, and above the bathtub there is a large hole, now go out and to the other side of the wall where the hole is, and look through it by pressing down the R3 button. There will be a missing painting.

I think I'm all the way through, as nothing new is happening after "the loop", but maybe there is more.

I thought the concept of the game was pretty cool, but it went on way too long, and I have NO idea what the actual game is about :P

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaLe

I got an error screen saying something about fixing a bug before release. Not sure if that was part of the game or not.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: strange things happen with this 'demo'. When I started it up the first time it ejected my disc and when in standby my PS4 did go beeping very loud (according to my girlfriend).

Anyways, I'm further now.

After the talking bag. I hear breathing and all doors are closed. There were 3 items in the hallway that flashed some text backwards into the screen. Clueless again,.,

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19 chaser324  Moderator

@alexw00d said:

Yeah...this is one of those cases where I would totally move this thread if I had any idea what game people were talking about.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teoball

Yeah, I just played through it. It seems there are some different endings. Watched a couple of streams after I finished it and there are things I never saw.

I got some random static over a few minutes and a voice saying 0468 a few times until the screen went black and an error message popped up in a bunch of languages. "Error - fix this before release" before it restarted.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chaser324  Moderator

Alright, now I'm just directly going to ask instead of hinting about it:

What game are you guys talking about?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@alexw00d said:

Yeah...this is one of those cases where I would totally move this thread if I had any idea what game people were talking about.

Well... @counterclockwork87, please write out in full what game you're talking about. Because like these guys, I don't have the foggiest clue what P.T. stands for in the context of a current horror game. There's Planescape Torment, but that obviously isn't what you guys are talking about.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By emfromthesea
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

@jacobbrodersen: Oh, is it only a demo, or is it a free game? It doesn't say it's a demo. Well, that's weird. Though it'd be weird if it was just a free game.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@jacobbrodersen said:

It's impossible to find on the GB database because of its stupid name.

The main reason it was impossible to find was because nobody had submitted it to the wiki as a new game.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dussck

P.T. might not be the real title of the game? It's a weird one, that's for sure and pretty damn scary.

Also, who made this? The studio name says nothing, doesn't exist. It's probably from Japan, so what about this: it's from Kojima himself. Somehow the graphics remind me of the Fox Engine (especially the light behaviour on the walls and the depth of field).

Very interesting game! Love these kind of games, although I prefer a little bit more interaction then a single button.

edit: rewatching the gamescom stream P.T. was shown directly after MGS (which was a very odd trailer tbh; did Kojima came all the way from Japan to show some cardboard box stuff?). The plot thickens. :)

Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is nuts and I have no idea how to "beat" it. I went through tons of different sections, completed a picture and now have no idea what to do. This has to be some kind of viral marketing or something...this is the most complicated/obtuse "demo" I've ever seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck said:

Also, who made this? The studio name says nothing, doesn't exist. It's probably from Japan, so what about this: it's from Kojima himself. Somehow the graphics remind me of the Fox Engine (especially the light behaviour on the walls and the depth of field).

That's what I was thinking too. The look definitely reminded me a bit of Ground Zeroes. And the way this was announced, a pretty polished presentation from a studio no one's heard of or can find any info about, is very reminiscent of the whole Phantom Pain thing. There was also talk of Kojima producing a Silent Hill game, so...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NTM

I just tried it, but only got as far as getting out of the bathroom. I actually died, and don't really know how, but the woman ghost grabbed me and cracked my neck or something, making me start back in the original room, but still in the same place. I stopped because I got stuck, but also it became too much for me hearing the ghost or whatever keep walking behind me, and when I stop, it breathing in my ear. I started to actually sweat. The game is scary for sure. I'm not sure if I've played a scarier one honestly... Does anyone feel like it may have you be stuck, and still have you be in terror? I was stuck and I was freaked out the entire time. This is coming from someone that doesn't really think games are that scary, or at least they're bearable most of the time.

Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some girl on twitch got to the end somehow and figured it out, this is huge news, under spoiler tags below.

HOLY CRAP some girl on twitch just finished it IT IS A NEW SILENT HILL BY KOJIMA STARRING NORMAN REEDUS with GUILLERO DEL TORO.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: I can't tell if you're telling the truth but if you are I'll buy it on day 1. I don't even like Silent Hill or horror games in general.

Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: I can't tell if you're telling the truth but if you are I'll buy it on day 1. I don't even like Silent Hill or horror games in general.

100 percent confirmed here is the link, at the end of the stream

http://www.twitch.tv/soapywarpig/b/557446887

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is insane! What a way to market your game.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's really cool. I like to think our Giant Bomb detective squad figured it out first though.

josc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By josc

It's a great looking game but I hate horror games, maybe I'll give it a shot after watching Patrick play. I think a guy in the post Gamescom Sony stream said that it runs on the Killzone Shadow Fall engine.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josc said:

It's a great looking game but I hate horror games, maybe I'll give it a shot after watching Patrick play. It looks amazing; a guy in the post Gamescom Sony stream said that it runs on the Killzone Shadow Fall engine.

It runs on the FOX Engine, the same one as Phantom Pain.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hideo Kojima, teaming up with Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus.

HOLY GUACAMOLE.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Wow, this is exclusive to Playstation? This news just blew everything else out of the water at Gamescom.

josc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Sony guy was wrong then! Is it really Kojima and Del Toro?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone whose lost all of his faith in Silent Hill because of the recent iterations, barring Shattered Memories, I'm really interested in what these talents will bring to the table.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By conmulligan

I'm not really interested in a new Silent Hill, but that's an incredibly cool way to reveal a game.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

OK. So, I guess P.T. literally just stands "Playable Teaser". I'm just going to change the title in the wiki to Silent Hill for the time being.

Kojima loves doing shit that wrecks the Giant Bomb wiki (see Ground Zeroes / The Phantom Pain).

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AMyggen

@turboman said:

Wow, this is exclusive to Playstation? This news just blew everything else out of the water at Gamescom.

Seems like they're publishing it, yeah. But we can't be completely sure yet.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling:

I thought Downpour was a very interesting, albeit flawed on execution, take on the Silent Hill franchise. Nothing will ever beat 2 though, but I got a immediate The Room vibe when I saw the stream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.