Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hills

Game » consists of 0 releases.

What was to be a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise for the PS4 involving Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, was officially cancelled on April 27, 2015. The 'PT' demo of the game has also been taken off PSN.

P.T. is the gift that keeps on giving

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I caught this live recently, this guy is quite well known for Tekken related content.

Has anyone else been unable to make it through this slice of fried terror yet? I remember watching Brad play it and completely understanding his pain. Dave Lang was also great to watch.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Everytime I see that hallway I get the shivers again. I'm a longtime Silent Hill fan and with the announcement of Kojima doing a new Silent Hill my biggest game-related dream will come true.
    And although I'm a fan of the classic 3rd person survival horror game, I also want more of PT. Being in first person and walking slowly through that kind of realistic haunted environment was a great experience.

I really think that PT was not just a Playable Teaser, but more of a Player Test as well. They were not sure what horror fans would want from a new Silent Hill game and they tested this out with PT. It was a big success. Everyone was talking about it on the internet and on the work floor. Kojima even admitted they were not sure yet if they game would be a 3rd or 1st person experience.
    That's normally something you'd decide very early on in the game designing process. So I guess we're in for a pretty long wait, because they just started development on this.

My guess is that we will see the first gameplay from Silent Hills in 2016 and hope for a release in 2017 or even worse :(.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I tried playing it myself, but I had already watched a zillion other people play it so it didn't really do anything for me.

Also, I'm glad I stuck around for that stream. At first, I was praying he wold quit because he had pretty much seen everything already and all that was left was the dumb puzzle portion, but then that happened and made it all worth it in my opinion lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, he just launched that thing. Had to watch it twice though because I jumped the first time, haha.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I wasn't able to finish it but not because of how scary it was (though it definitely set me out of ease). Even when I had three or four other people over to check it out we all got stuck where I did, when the radio starts spouting off numbers in the middle of its broadcast.

Fantastic atmosphere but way too obscure to finish if you aren't a completionist or huge horror fan (I'm neither).

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dussck said:

And although I'm a fan of the classic 3rd person survival horror game, I also want more of PT. Being in first person and walking slowly through that kind of realistic haunted environment was a great experience.

Agreed. I'm hoping like hell the finished game has more to do with PT's story and gameplay than they're letting on. At least the style of scares, anyway. The barely visible ghost watching from the banister still gives me chills just thinking about it. As much as I adore Silent Hill, nothing in that entire franchise was even close to being as scary as PT.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is kinda just spam, but Aris is just hilarious. He chucked that damn thing.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By goreyfantod

So, I'm watching the full playthrough of P.T. on his channel. He has subscriber/donation pop-ups on & at app. 1:23:37 it appears that 'MonsterDunk' subscribed to Aris' Twitch channel. Either someone stole Jeff's online nickname or maybe he's more curious about this whole horror game thing than he lets on...

Loading Video...

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got through it once. I feel like it was brute force more than anything. Didn't much enjoy it by the end. It's a neat thing, and I'm glad it exists, but that's about the extent of it. I don't think it's good and if Silent Hills ends up working much like this did, I'd be disappointed. It looks good, and it had its jump scare thing down, but horror is so much more than jump scares and it really gets to me that people only seem to award that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.