Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hills

Game » consists of 0 releases.

What was to be a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise for the PS4 involving Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, was officially cancelled on April 27, 2015. The 'PT' demo of the game has also been taken off PSN.

Suddenly, Big Budget Games Love Horror Again

• 103 results
    jasondesante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

"Kojima is the closest we have to J.J. Abrams: creatives who respect the art of mystery."

The beginning of Lost has a lady in labor get up in the middle of it and run full speed then jump onto her stomach and continue giving birth.

For as ridiculous as everything Kojima puts into his games, it is all believable in the world, and doesn't frame anything in such a stupid way as how Lost starts. There's so many other things that Abrams does that Kubrick would have lost his shit over, for example. Whatever story you are trying to tell what you decide to show and not show is important, and what can be interpreted from those things.

In The Last of Us I thought Joel was infected too because he had echolocation throughout the whole game as a game mechanic, and that is how the infected track you is through echolocation. Then I just realized the designers had a hard on for echolocation for some reason. Makes me look at the game as way lower quality than if it had been simply rationalized by the story, and that is a weird thing.

MGS is the best series of all time. If you haven't played at least MGS 1 and 2 all the way through then you can't comment on whether or not Kojima is better than anyone, because I think MGS 1 and 2 is the template for how you write a story and create a series that has identity through themes and rhythm. Then Kojima makes fusion with MGS blended with James Bond in MGS3.

Seriously my favorite storyteller in games bar none. No one comes close.

InstallWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I seen a chunk of Patrick's P.T quick look and just as he was inching away from his screen I found myself slowly backing away from mine as I was watching.

I don't play horror game's as I just get too stressed, but watching other people's reactions over the past few day's has been very entertaining.

Excited to see what Silent Hills will look like when it's released. (Even though I won't get it)

Avatar image for deactivated-589899fbf34c7
    deactivated-589899fbf34c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Silent Hill went down after the 3rd game. Please Kojima, help this series...

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Well, I imagine Alien: Isolation basically being Sega's attempt to restore credibility to one of their pillars after the clusterfuck that was Aliens: Colonial Marines. I think the problem with Isolation is that the alien shows up too frequently. Ideally, it'd be infrequent enough that you'd wonder if it was around, or at least long enough to let you go room to room. There were parts where I'd hide from it and it'd go into a vent and leave the area, only for it to come rushing back the instant I crawled back out from under the desk or in the box I was hiding int, this despite crawling for the whole game and trying desperately not to tip over anything. Half the time, it felt like there were two or three of the bastards there, and after a while, it became more annoying than scary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.