Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity Social

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jun 25, 2012

SimCity Social was a city-building simulation game available on Facebook.

thoughts on Sim City Social

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By fox01313

After trying out a bunch of mostly Zynga stuff recently on the social realm of games, I was actually surprised by how well someone else is handling & improving the format of the social town/farm game-thing. Sure both the Farmville/Castleville/ect. & Sim City Social have the introductory quests to get you to filling out the game world, stuff to buy with in game money or real money as well as inviting friends. What I find that aside from capturing a good feel to making a simple Sim City game is that the rather new & different features thrown in with the number of interactions you can do on each type of location (performing a general action & upgrades or quest related actions for chances at collectibles used in upgrades), taking your money/materials made in the game and converting them to the other type but also instead of limiting your actions with friends the game has a ton of good or evil interactions done with friends and these are limited only by the energy pool (and you get separate collectible items & fame from visiting friends over your own city). It's rather interesting that you can build up a friendship or a rivalry with friends & all you can do with the game so while waiting on the new Sim City game (as well as trying out something else other than Zynga games), it's free & recommended to at least look at a bit more to those that are interested as they seem to be on the right track with this social game.

edit-yes while I think it's slightly better than other social games it is just that & will try to make sure ti only spams my page as much as possible

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

After trying out a bunch of mostly Zynga stuff recently on the social realm of games, I was actually surprised by how well someone else is handling & improving the format of the social town/farm game-thing. Sure both the Farmville/Castleville/ect. & Sim City Social have the introductory quests to get you to filling out the game world, stuff to buy with in game money or real money as well as inviting friends. What I find that aside from capturing a good feel to making a simple Sim City game is that the rather new & different features thrown in with the number of interactions you can do on each type of location (performing a general action & upgrades or quest related actions for chances at collectibles used in upgrades), taking your money/materials made in the game and converting them to the other type but also instead of limiting your actions with friends the game has a ton of good or evil interactions done with friends and these are limited only by the energy pool (and you get separate collectible items & fame from visiting friends over your own city). It's rather interesting that you can build up a friendship or a rivalry with friends & all you can do with the game so while waiting on the new Sim City game (as well as trying out something else other than Zynga games), it's free & recommended to at least look at a bit more to those that are interested as they seem to be on the right track with this social game.

edit-yes while I think it's slightly better than other social games it is just that & will try to make sure ti only spams my page as much as possible

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
    nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By nicktorious_big

I think this is the only social game I can really get into. I just started to play it the other day and I am really enjoying it so far. I just hope it doesn't totally fill my wall with posts and updates!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.