EA Forums are under Siege

• 131 results
#1 Posted by Noli (101 posts) -

I am sure a lot of people who bought or got their copies of SimCity today are not having good time with game... I got mine an hour ago and couple minutes not far from now I started my fabulous travel through wasteland. People with physical copies are not able to see their game in "MyGames" window, in Origins. It is visible only under your profile. What did people do after seeing such a thing? Of course they started spamming EA forums like crazy with the same topics over and over again. I hope EA, or Maxis, or whoever is responsible for this will repair it. It's my third game in a row when I cannot play the same day I got it. It shameful to let it go like this, specially when you hear this is a most single player game(most of it). When D3 launched Blizzard wrote some things to make people calm for the wait, or that they are trying to find the issue, but with EA forums I cannot find such an answer. Only riot and burning flags. Well at least I know that not only SimCity has problems... it seems that The Sims University has almost the same issues.

#2 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

This reminds me a lot of the Diablo 3 launch.

#3 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Let's burn EA.

Wat?

#4 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4208 posts) -

Let's burn EA.

Wat?

I have some sticks I never use..

#5 Posted by MstrMnyBgs (124 posts) -

It is pretty ridiculous that some people (myself included) can't even download the game on release day after they pre-ordered, let alone play it without issue. Could have been easily solved by allowing preloading, but EA decided to drive a car with flat tires for some reason.

#7 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Lol origin

#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

So glad I bought this worthless physical copy. I mean why did I think installing from a disc would avoid these problems, silly me.

#9 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I saw this happening a mile away, why I canceled my pre-order.

#10 Edited by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

Origin supports preloading, pretty sure...

#11 Posted by MstrMnyBgs (124 posts) -

@gs_dan said:

It does, correct. But for some reason they decided not to allow it for SimCity specifically.

#12 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Can anyone confirm there are also still queues to get into the game?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/05/gamers-line-up-to-play-simcity/

Got to love these required online games at launch, I am not falling for it anymore.

#13 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior said:

I saw this happening a mile away, why I canceled my pre-order.

I like it when I see sense on the internet

#14 Edited by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

I can wait....

#15 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Good job guys.

Keep this industry fresh by buying games on launch before finding out if it's good. It's really fucking funny that DMC fans are the only ones with self control to not buy stuff they said they wouldn't buy.

You got what you paid for. Everyone said it would happen.

#16 Posted by TheGanjaKing (63 posts) -

Really disappointing. Forget problems with connecting to a game, I can't even install the thing. Origin says the game isn't released yet. Uh, what? Still extremely excited to get in there and play this game though.

#17 Edited by daedelus (92 posts) -

You would think they could just rent extra servers for launch week.

I got a physical copy, after entering my CD key into origin it proceeded to "installation failed". Going through the install process again resulted in it telling me my key had been activated already. It took like 15min for origin to register that I had activated my key. But it eventually did and i'm installing the game now.

#18 Edited by MstrMnyBgs (124 posts) -

Good job guys.

Keep this industry fresh by buying games on launch before finding out if it's good. It's really fucking funny that DMC fans are the only ones with self control to not buy stuff they said they wouldn't buy.

Right, because installing and downloading the actual game is a determining factor of the quality.

#19 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@mstrmnybgs: We all knew from Diablo III shit won't work at all for most people at launch. Even Reddit and NeoGAF are laughing at the people who bought it on launch, everyone knew this would happen.

#20 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Remember why everyone hates Always On DRM? Yeah, this is why. It's bullshit.

#21 Posted by Noli (101 posts) -

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/9335158.page - well... I don't know EA... it's a little bit... bad...

#22 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Good job guys.

#23 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (304 posts) -

"You knew this was coming Pete."

#24 Edited by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

I wanna say I'm surprised... No wait, I don't. It was obvious this was going to happen. Silly, silly people.

#25 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

I think it's hilarious that you have to sit in a queue to play a singleplayer game. Good fucking job, EA.

#27 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

im kinda not buying this game.

#28 Posted by jerseyscum (875 posts) -

I love a good nerd-rage shitstorm.

#29 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

This is why people pirate not dealing with this shit

#30 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

Who could possibly not have seen this coming?

#31 Edited by sixpin (1292 posts) -

@professionallytrainedrapist said:

Very good. Gamers tend to be very docile and take any shit given to them. Especially console gamers who can almost wholly be blamed for dlc. This, metacritic bombing and the Playstation hack is very much a triumph of will.

Look out everybody! One of the PC Master Race done come here to lern us sumthin'.

Wait... this is on PC and the result of always on DRM. What does this have to do with consoles or DLC?

#32 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Some people are even saying that people who pre order can not get into the game wile people who JUST picked it up are able to log in fine.

#33 Posted by UberExplodey (942 posts) -

Kinda glad I won't get my copy till this weekend, bummer to hear about all this shit. Again.

#34 Posted by twigger89 (278 posts) -

Good job guys.

Fuck off please you pretentious passive aggressive buzz kill.

#35 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4515 posts) -

@sixpin said:

@professionallytrainedrapist said:

Very good. Gamers tend to be very docile and take any shit given to them. Especially console gamers who can almost wholly be blamed for dlc. This, metacritic bombing and the Playstation hack is very much a triumph of will.

Look out everybody! One of the PC Master Race done come here to lern us sumthin'.

Wait... this is on PC and the result of always on DRM. What does this have to do with consoles or DLC?

Nothing, but, as we all know, consoles are the root of all evil and blahblahblah mouse and keyboard fps something something something

#36 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Not sure but to answer: Consoles are "hardened DRM platforms". As bad as it is on PC with the always on stuff, it is much more strict on consoles.

#37 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Sure am glad I didn't jump on this one. Confirmation bias!

Good job guys.

I was with you up until "You got what you paid for."

#38 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Bummer some people are having problems. I downloaded the game pretty quickly last night and played for a good six hours straight with only a few problems.

#39 Posted by sixpin (1292 posts) -

This seems like more Internet Freakout to me. I downloaded the game 30 minutes after midnight last night and played for 3 hours with no trouble. Not saying some people aren't having issues, but until the launch day smoke clears I doubt we will know the actual score on what is busted and what works. I'm not a fan of DRM or Origin, but that aside I've had nothing really to complain about. That could change at anytime I guess, but I'm not near my home PC at the moment.

#40 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

I have the problem where my game wont unlock until March 7th at 4:01PM. Im in California and the game should have been out today. That needs some explaining.

#41 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

@gs_dan said:

It does, correct. But for some reason they decided not to allow it for SimCity specifically.

Well that's a bit strange.

#42 Edited by Sanity (1907 posts) -

Play for 3 hours today and no issues... People are really blowing this thing out of proportion. I agree its shitty theres issues at all, but you would swear EA shit on our lawn the way some people are acting.

#43 Posted by cbarnes86 (557 posts) -

@dudy80: I agree. I played for about 2 hours without any issues (occasional disconnect/reconnect within game), but considering games like Diablo 3 were literally unplayable for about a week, I'd say this was a good launch.

#44 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Other then trying to install the game being a nightmare because my Origin install was fucked, I have had zero problems playing the game until a few min ago when I quit the game to check something and now it won't connect to any servers. Have not seen any ques and have not had any other problems. Still think it's insulting that there's no single player option however, and the tiny maps really suck and hindering the games enjoyment. All not having a single player does is inconvenience people and offers zero upside to the user. It's fine if you want an online component to it, but make it optional. Always online DRM is BS.

#45 Edited by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I played 4 hours right at launch and had no issues, same today.

#46 Edited by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@extomar said:

Not sure but to answer: Consoles are "hardened DRM platforms". As bad as it is on PC with the always on stuff, it is much more strict on consoles.

How so? I can play all of my consoles games (those without multiplayer) without being connected can't say the same for a lot of PC games even when using a service like steam you still need to be connected unless you enable de offline option right?

#47 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

This is the saddest form of fanboyism I've seen in a long time. Also there's no way your username is okay.

#48 Posted by myslead (929 posts) -

@dudy80: I agree. I played for about 2 hours without any issues (occasional disconnect/reconnect within game), but considering games like Diablo 3 were literally unplayable for about a week, I'd say this was a good launch.

not on the same scale whatsoever

TL,DR: shitty launch, shitty game design philosophy.

#49 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Servers just went down for like half an hour and when they came up the games I had made are all now gone. Anyone else have this happen? I was going to delete them to restart anyways so I'm not mad about it, but I'm wondering if this is something happening for other folks.

#50 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Servers just went down for like half an hour and when they came up the games I had made are all now gone. Anyone else have this happen? I was going to delete them to restart anyways so I'm not mad about it, but I'm wondering if this is something happening for other folks.

There was another thread where a guy lost 2 hours of progress because the game didn't save when it was supposed to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.