Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Possible Future Console Port?

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By MormonWarrior

So SimCity looks really great, but I seriously never play games on PC (partially because my laptop is too old to play most recent stuff and partially because I don't like playing games on computer monitors or interfaces at all) so I'm wondering if anyone has heard if this is planned to come to the Xbox 360 or PS3 at some point.

It might be too hard with the integrated community stuff but I'd love to see it. I feel like buying the SNES original for fun too.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dalai

I haven't heard of any plans outside of PC and if this reboot is anything like the core SimCity franchise, it's never going to happen. It likely comes down to performance, user interface, and controls. 

I don't know about you, but playing SimCity on something that is not a keyboard/mouse seems strange, anyway.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By brownsfantb

If they did, it probably would be very different from the PC version they're currently making. That constant asynchronous multiplayer stuff would probably be really hard, if not impossible, to do on current consoles. Maybe next gen?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

Hey internet, I have this question that would be really easy to look up the answer to, but I'm too lazy to do it myself. Could you do it for me?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.