Purportedly Leaked Tutorial Footage

#1 Edited by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

So footage of the tutorial has hit Youtube and has been up for four hours as of this writing. That seems unusually long for NDA-breaking video, but whatever. It's about eleven minutes of SimCity goodness for you to take in. There are brief looks at different systems within the game as well as more of the art and graphic style (which I love). Enjoy this footage while it lasts!

Edit: Found a mirror! See it now if you haven't!

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (12988 posts) -

So this new SimCity is pretty much the perfect game, right?

#3 Posted by Spankmealotus (271 posts) -

After seeing all of the videos on this game the cons seem to outweigh the pros by quite a bit. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a new good SimCity game. Maybe I'll just get a pirated copy.

#4 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

@Spankmealotus said:

After seeing all of the videos on this game the cons seem to outweigh the pros by quite a bit. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a new good SimCity game. Maybe I'll just get a pirated copy.

Could you elaborate? What are the cons? There isn't really anything I dislike about the game so far.

#5 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@BoG said:

@Spankmealotus said:

Could you elaborate? What are the cons? There isn't really anything I dislike about the game so far.

Besides the DRM. Even then, >I< personally take no issue in this, because of the method of Online Play. (I'm sure EA will somehow make me eat those words by killing the servers earlier than I'd wish, though)

#6 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

@clstirens said:

@BoG said:

@Spankmealotus said:

Besides the DRM. Even then, >I< personally take no issue in this, because of the method of Online Play. (I'm sure EA will somehow make me eat those words by killing the servers earlier than I'd wish, though)

Well, yeah, and the lack of Steam support. Those are my only gripes, though.

#7 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@BoG: Ah, yes. I do wish all of my pc games were on steam. I guess I've just given up on EA games being on steam (ever since BF3 anyways).

#8 Posted by chainreaction01 (175 posts) -

Actually glad to see the way they show you data in this game, way better than staring at a dozen bar and line graphs like in SimCity 4. Still, would like to see how much more complex it can get seeing as this is just a tutorial type thing.

#9 Edited by jozzy (2041 posts) -

Damnit, looks really good. Can't wait for this game.

EDIT: and pirating is bad, don't do it.

#10 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

Taken down by EA

#11 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@jonnybob said:

Taken down by EA

just like the game in 6 months

#12 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (361 posts) -

What's the DRM situation for the game?

#13 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

@Jams said:

@jonnybob said:

Taken down by EA

just like the game in 6 months

BOOM!

#14 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

Or should I just wait for SimCity 6? That one will feature IMPROVEMENTS!

#15 Posted by VikG (130 posts) -

@Spankmealotus: If this game is not something that you really want based on what you have seen so far, then what makes you want to steal it?

#16 Posted by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

@jonnybob: Found a mirror. Check it out quickly.

#17 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Looks okay to me. I'm interested in knowing how my city can interact with other player cities and whether there's a game in that or if it just happens automatically.

#18 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

@BoG said:

@Spankmealotus said:

The always online DRM is a pretty big one, the fact it's Origin exclusive and that they seem to be stripping content out of the game to sell as part of the overly expensive limited editions. As much as I loved past SimCity's, I don't think I can justify supporting EA here.

#19 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

Looks okay to me. I'm interested in knowing how my city can interact with other player cities and whether there's a game in that or if it just happens automatically.

This video is probably the best taste of that we'll get for now:

I think it looks great. It looks fun to cooperate, but it might actually be more fun to compete.

#20 Posted by Dagbiker (6899 posts) -

At what point in the video dose Origin kill his family steal his identity, erase all his games, and call him a loser? Or is this just a bug they need to fix?

#21 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Looking at the concept art of the Evil Villain lair makes me want to see a Sci-Fi Sim City at some point. It has a nice futuristic look with automated mini-gun turrets defending the perimeter wall. :)

#22 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Already have it preordered ! Really looking forward to it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.