Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Standard or Limited Edition?

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is the Limited Edition version worth it?

LIMITED EDITION BONUS CONTENT: Get the Bonus SimCity Heroes and Villains set!

• New Characters - Protector of SimCity MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.

• Crime Waves - The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.

• Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan’s headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and The Reticulator landing pad.

• Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu’s Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.

The standard version is £10 cheaper, and since I haven't played the game I don't really know how important the above things are

Thanks!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Not at all? I dunno, I have the limited edition because that's what all preorder copies were, but I only built Maxis Manor once and immediately destroyed it once I found out how it worked. I never built Vu Tower or whatever it's called. I mean I guess if you and a friend want to RP your cities as like a villain city vs a hero city it might be fun?

EDIT: Although I think you can have both in your city and the Vu building does bolster businesses so if you can balance the cost of using Maxis Man with the extra income Vu Tower brings it might be worth it. Sounds really micro-managey though.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I found maxisman useful once you level him up it's nice to have him around to stop big fires and help with disasters and such, and you can just power him off whenever you want to as well.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Obviously standard is the way to go, not sure why you'd want a limited product.

<.<

>.>

o.O

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I was going to make a shitty DRM joke but I don't think it would connect with people.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FlipperDesert

The buildings for Vu and Maxisman are kind of expensive to maintain, in my opinion. It is nice to have an extra building for dealing with any fires or crime waves, but when I did spend long enough in a city to get Maxisman to fight fires he mostly just got into his hover jet and spun around in circles above his mansion like an asshole. You know, for $3000 a go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.