Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Still no cheetah speed

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If anyone was wondering, the features that was taken out during the server overload, like cheetah speed, still haven't been put back in. And we're in the third week after launch. The game also continues to have the world's worst online interface for any game ever. Good luck trying to find an open region if you want to play with other people.

If anyone is on the fence, don't buy the game yet! It's still not working properly.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree. I think it is worth buying at this point. I've found quite a few regions to join already and it's been a good experience. The interaction between cities is pretty fun. For example an arsonist terrorizing a neighbors city invaded mine. Little things like that make it amusing to play with other people.

Cheetah speed isn't that big of a deal, llama is fast enough most of the time...I've never needed to 'fast forward' the game, I've always been actively engaged.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I can't imagine playing Sim City without cheetah speed on. I've been playing a lot of 4 lately and it's essential to getting anything done.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I mentioned it on Twitter, and was told "Cheetah speed will be enabled once our servers are fully stabilized."

If it's taking them this long to get a handle on the most basic stabilization issues, you have to wonder how long it'll take them to fix actual core issues with the game, if ever.

This will be $40 at Target starting Sunday, I had considered picking it up, but I've pretty much decided to keep holding off, it's only going to get cheaper seeing how poorly this entire situation has been handled.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akyho

Can we just have this thread to every second confirm if there is Cheeta speed?

Like Homers "Everything is all right" alarm?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho said:

Can we just have this thread to every second confirm if there is Cheeta speed?

Like Homers "Everything is all right" alarm?

Make sure to check out my new site, www.ischeetahspeedbackinsimcity.com

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the past SimCity games, you need Cheetah Speed for a balanced budget because to afford big projects would take hours of real world time at normal speed. That is something definitely off about the simulation if Cheetah isn't necessary.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well I'll be back in a week to see if it's back in the game.

I've played a number of hours so far, but the way I play I find cheetah speed essential. I just feel like I'm wasting time without it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Sooty

This is absolutely hilarious.

I got my refund by doing a charge back last week, but the game is still on my Origin account...I also claimed a free copy of Mass Effect 3 before. Wonder what will happen...if anything.

Anyway yeah, fuck EA for releasing this game in such an utter sham of a state. It is the buggiest game I have ever played on release and that's not even including the initial server issues. Not only should the game still be considered beta, they even had the audacity to charge more than what 99% of other PC games cost. Never buying an EA game through Origin again.

I haven't played it in around 2 weeks so I'm not sure what the current state is, but no cheetah speed still is pretty pathetic.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sooty said:

I got my refund by doing a charge back last week, but the game is still on my Origin account...I also claimed a free copy of Mass Effect 3 before. Wonder what will happen...if anything.

If and when EA notices what you've done- they will most likely ban your account.

EA considers charge-backs a declaration of war, and acts accordingly. >_>

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Sooty

@sooty said:

If and when EA notices what you've done- they will most likely ban your account.

Support told me they won't when I tried to get a refund the 'nice' way, but if they do then that's okay, only got BF3 on there anyway! (and now ME3)

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jams

@sooty said:

@warlockengineermoredakka said:
    @sooty said:

Support told me they won't when I tried to get a refund the 'nice' way, but if they do then that's okay, only got BF3 on there anyway! (and now ME3)

So yeah, you're not losing anything of value anyways.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheetah speed is currently being tested on the Test server so I'd say it will be implemented in a week or so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.