Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

What do I do with my trash and where can I find more water?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Is my only option to get rid of trash to burn it? Apart from shipping it out of my city I mean.

Also, what happens when I run out of water? I've placed towers and such on the spots that show water, but they're all going dry. Do they replenish? Is every city destined to just eventually die?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you able to purchase water from neighbors in your region?

VinLieger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By VinLieger

Theres advanced stuff where you can filter your sewage then put it back in the ground as clean water and place a tower there.

With trash you can collect it and dump it or you can burn it which does create pollution, unsure if theres a "green" way to dispose of it but theres always neighbours if they are willing to collect your garbage for you?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Burn the trash and mine ice from comets and melt it into water with the burning garbage.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

As far as water goes, keep in mind that not every city's land plot is going to have access to sufficient water. The region play is critical for filling in those gaps.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Just make a 2nd city on the map, bump up your police force & then send all the trash to city2. Reverse process with the water & send all water from city2 to city1 like in the quick look.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By zoozilla

I didn't realize this thread was about SimCity, so I was picturing someone in a really dire situation.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Are you able to purchase water from neighbors in your region?

Yes, but only if they're selling. But if they're running into the same kind of depletion I am, they must run out eventually too right?

@fox01313 said:

Just make a 2nd city on the map, bump up your police force & then send all the trash to city2. Reverse process with the water & send all water from city2 to city1 like in the quick look.

If I really need to work on a second city to maintain my first one, that's awful =\ Forcing you to depend on others not to bolster, but to actually have a city at all seems like a bad idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.