Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Why won't you let me love you?

developerjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thought about not publishing this when I realized I was just venting and it only benefits me. I decided to post this in case other like minded individuals are out there feeling the same way.

I came to the internet to commiserate as I suppose that is what people do. We work hard and we have money, we want to give it away for a quality experience, but it really doesn't feel that great when things don't work out. I work hard at a job that requires a lot of brain power. I have a son, and when the day is done, I don't want to use my brain anymore. I just want easy. It seems the older I get the more technology gets in the way of having fun. I remember as a kid, I wanted to hook the Atari to the TV. I had the wrong connector and my dad took me to the hardware store to get a coaxial adapter. Once we had that piece it just worked and all was well. Games got played.

As an adult, it just doesn't seem to get easier. I thought being in technology, I would not be affected by the "generation gap." I thought that I would always be able to understand technology. I think I feel the world pulling away from me now in this digital age. My son will feel at home playing games on a touch screen, perhaps not appreciating the fidelity of physical controller. My house is littered with hdmi cables. Some support drm, some don't. I don't know the difference. One lets me watch HBO the other makes the screen purple. There was a time on a rainy day, you could shut out the world and play a game by yourself, now even single player games are connected. I always thought I would stay young, but now I feel progress makes a codger out of us all.

I played many hours of SimCity 2000. I'd like to relive some of that glory and despite the issues people are experiencing I set off to Origin to buy the game. Origin provided me with a lovely sanity check by getting stuck on the last page of the checkout without any alert. Not frozen or processing, just a non-functional checkout page.

I'm an optimist. I try to give everything the benefit of the doubt. I love technology. I love the future, but future technology, why won't you let me love you?

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Getting old is a bummer. Getting crummy customer service is also a bummer, age notwithstanding.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.