Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

In case you're interested.. first review(danish)

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SirBlimE

I just stumbled across this review of the game. Surprised to see the grade! (9/10)

http://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelser/78845/Singularity/  

Pros: 
    Wonderful enviroments, smart AI, fun weapons, great variation on the levels, cool time mechanism, great bosses, well written story.

Cons:
    Borring start, very linear

If you have questions, and can't be bothered to translate, i'll try reading it through again, and will try to answer any questions you might have.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By armaan8014

Translation by Google translator: 

After two years and eight months of development is ambitious Ravens Singularity finally finished. A skeptical Petter Hegevall has gone from "it looks pretty rough out" to "the hell, it's fun to transform enemies to jam!"

Arms race backfired. Einstein's super bomb gave the U.S. an advantage. The Russians were seized with panic that led to a 12,000 man major surgery that would invent a new energy source. E99 was born, and something terrible was imminent. An energy source so powerful that the weapons based on it threatened to destroy the entire free world. Stalin's plan was launched. The truth uncovered for the first time in the Ravens new action game.

The year is the 1955th The Russian government has concealed all traces of the disaster. Katorga-12, a remote island somewhere in the pacific is now a ghostly place. Cold War experiment about the newfound energy source and top secret E99 costing lots of lives, and nobody knows what really happened. I take control of Nate Renko, highly decorated fighter pilot and fearless special soldier ordered to investigate the unusually high amount of radiation coming from Katorga Island. In the game opening sequence Nødland Nate with half division battle soldiers Katorga. He is dizzy, bruised and hungry. Or, yes, the last is pure fabrication of Ravens digital truth, but the rest fits.
    This is an ad:

Soon after Nate regain consciousness and begin exploration of frightening environment, he is awakened in, he finds a widget that blistered enough is able to tamper with time. Widgets placed on your hand and can be screwed like an old clock to jump between E99-experiment start (1955) and Nate actually present (2010). Singularity starts slowly ... and then accelerates with such force that most of the action genre will be affected by acute jealousy.

It will not be long before Nate sense that there is something sinister at Katorga. Nikolai Demichev is the name of the enveloped dictator who travel back and forth in time trying to retrieve E99-bomb and thereby change history. Nikolai must be stopped. He is just as mad as Russian final bosses should be: he has put Nate's best friend, threatens to conquer the whole world, and carries a furry cape of chinchillapels. Nate task is not exactly easy, but someone has to clean up the mess that 55 years of madness resulting in. A psychopathic Russian dictator must be stopped. 800 Russian elite soldiers to be killed. 400 mutated monsters basement must be pulverized.

Welcome to the Singularity.
    This is an ad:

I had honestly not the high expectations for this game. The rolling demo, I was allowed to see for about a year ago, not impressed, and since Raven would not send us a preview edition, I began to suspect owls in the bog. Sometimes developers / publishers choose to send us copies declares late (sometimes after the game is released) as a way to prevent that we as game media discourage our readers from the possible purchase of a møgspil. It happens regularly. Sorry. And so began Singularity also to smell.

Anmeldereksemplaret arrived yesterday morning. I had one day to play through adventure, test multiplayer, take less than 36 pictures and write a 10,000-character text. I was not in particularly good mood when I began my mareridtsdag with Nate Renko.

And, no, it did not start particularly well. Singularity begins with a generic and too loosely told film sequence about the failed experiments with E99. The following hours were drab, dark and forced. Steering felt a bit loose and the enemy appeared to be meaningless nonsensmutanter with huge aerobics-cons. I sighed, pray together, and drove on.

Nate taken prisoner by the game's super villain. His friend is murdered. Nate escapes, gets help from an Alyx-like floosie from guerrilla group Mir-12. I find TMD-glove (Time Manipulation Device), and starts to grab the game related to depth, as Singularity intend to offer me. After that, every checkpoint closer every task harder, and every enemy cooler. Raven shows examples of many brilliant talents in the Singularity, which they never boast of the past. Tempo variability is perfect, the variation in environments brilliant story and leave nothing left. Despite a linear structure and a basic story about a global conspiracy, Singularity manages to constantly surprise. There are so many moments during the adventure 12 hours, which deserves to be hailed in writing. There are so many parts of this game is perfect done.

I have over the past two years have felt as the world vredeste action-lover. I have played a big part of all the games that are released in this genre, and though I certainly have enjoyed some of them, so there have been too many titles that were packed with irritants. Balls operating magnetic and frames your head regardless of direction. Enemies who see a 9-kilometer distance, weapons that both feels and sounds like compressed air guns, and Slavic super accurate compasses always pointing in the direction you want. Action genre for me has felt eroded in recent years, even though Killzone 2 and Bioshock are two luminous exceptions.

I was really starting to believe that I no longer liked action games. I was tired of games in general, and had lost little of the spark which I have lived in the past 20 years. When I during a session with Battlefield: Bad Company lost temper and struck editing your phone into pieces, said Jonathan Maki about the same. I was tired of the genre?

Singularity has been a wonderful acquaintance: I'm not just playing with a big smile on his lips, I have also had major problems with say stop, and has only slept for almost four hours a night. Today I am a zombie, dangerous close to the mutated Russians living in the sewers of Katorga-12.

Singularity creates no irritation. Singularity makes me so angry that I smashing phones or tears Makiš trousers to pieces. I have not been the least irritated during my hour with Nate. For every moment is polished, balanced and accurately fitted into a velsammenhængende whole which smells of Half-Life, Prey and Bioshock. The enemies shoot not with magnetic beads. Nate principal can not be seen at 9 kilometers. I do not sit firmly in the furniture. Weapons does not sound as compressed air guns. And there's no helping hand, always pointing me in the right direction, as if I've never played a game before in my life.

No. Singularity stand still with feet firmly planted in the soil, which was presented by Half-Life. A linear structure disguised as a more open action game. Perfect tempo variation provide space for physics-based puzzles and welcome breath pauses, while the story consistently seen through first person perspective. Singularity has much in common with Half-Life 2 It also has much in common with Prey and Bioshock, and it is ultimately a wonderful blend that offers equal parts familiar and fresh experiences.

TMD-glove as Nate takes after barely 40 minutes of playing time serves as a mix between Half-Life 2's gravity gun and plasmids in Bioshock second During the game upgrade Nate TMD widgets that finally is among the funniest weapon in an action game ever. TMD-glove can get things to age 55 years in seconds. It can create force fields and kill enemies with a blink, it can dull over time and can lift objects (and enemies). In the struggle against all enemies is optional to use. Singularity never forces the player to play in a certain way, but calls instead for a variation, and arouse a curiosity which eventually becomes enchanting. Instead, the game's later chapters where TMD'en must be applied in order to move forward.

A half open door should be forced up. I take a crushed container, put it under the door, aiming at the coils and sometimes 55 years back. The box unfolds and grows into a three times and fresh steel box, and the gate is forced up, so I can pass. A door blocking the way to the next room. The padlock can not be shot to pieces, but I spools sometimes 55 years ahead and the latch is positioned op. The door can be opened with an easy push.

Everywhere in the Singularity, there is little clever puzzles like these. Sometimes lacks the imagination and becomes more a repetition of the previous puzzle, but the overall functioning of this part admirably, helping with the same beautiful pace related harm as puzzlesne in Half-Life 2 or Bioshock did.

In the heat of battle is TMD-glove just as fun (if not funnier) than gravity gun'en of Half-Life 2 You can build traps using oil barrels and gas tubes, you can send shock waves against a group of enemies then (while they fly through the air) to slow time and shoot their arms off with a sniper rifle. Singularity is regularly a playground where I end up committing suicide in order to play an otherwise over battle again. Try a different approach, try a different weapon, using TMD-glove in a different way.

The enemy loses arms, legs and head, if you aim and hit them, is perhaps a trifle, but it's something I have missed dearly since Soldier of Fortune. There is now something special to sneak up on a group of enemies and pegs loose with the big calibrate, the moment after seeing them lie on the ground and scream, now without legs. If it makes me mentally injured, so throw me who said all the blame on Soldier of Fortune.

When it comes to weapons arsenal in the Singularity, it is hard to find anything directly negative. Here are all the standard weapons, as an action game of this type must include (machine gun, pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle), but a piece inside the game comes a series of wonderful surprises up. Among other features Raven on an incredibly entertaining little grenade launcher called Dethex, who also serves as remote if you want precision rolling his E99-grenades to where the enemy is. By chance I managed to sneak me in to a group of mutants who all sat and chewed on a Russian soldier, I had previously shot. Quiet as a mouse I had an E99-grenade fall out from the gun, which I then, through a crack in the wall, rolled, placed directly under the buttocks of mutant mob, and fired.

Another incredibly nice weapon is The Seeker. This deadly gunpowder package is inspired by Max Payne games, and acts a bit like the old Finnish police sniper rifle, but with considerably more firepower. Every time one pops a ball with The Seeker, the camera follows, therefore, with the projectile and lets the player take control of its course in slow motion. When it hits its target, it results in a medium-sized explosion that easily blows your arms or skull of any enemy. The weapons in Singularity is simply brilliant.

As for the visual, Singularity is the best-designed action game since Killzone 2 Ravens graphic artists have created a retro-futuristic world who repeatedly change the shape of crushed sci-fi dystopia, the fresh 50s idyll. Contrast is enormous and it is wonderful to see how everything in Singularity still hangs together. Everything from the first boss character to the smallest little detail that really is perfectly designed to fit perfectly into the game world.

On the technical front are also all top notch, and Raven has done great things with Unreal Engine 3 The models are detailed and really well done, texture work is brilliant and animations as well. As far as lighting is that in the same class as Bioshockeller Metro 2033rd When the game world later, periodically opens and lets Nate out in daylight, it is hard to believe that this graphics technology will soon be five years old. Singularity is beautiful in the sequences where time in real-time changes while you move through them. Aboard a freighter, one can see how the paint on the walls dry out and disappear, while moving through the narrow corridors.

Sound quality is not quite as impressive as the graphics, but still more than authorized. Voice acting is generally good, even when the stated Russian accent becomes tiring to listen to at length. Sound effects are really good and the dynamic music works very effectively.

As for multi-play driver, I have unfortunately not had the great chance to test what it is. There has understandably not been many others who have played it online, and apart from a couple of matches against some of the trigger-happy fools from Gamereactor Denmark, it fails me to thoroughly test this part. However, I can tell that the pieces seem well designed and that the weapons here too, works really well. Raven is good enough not especially known for robust multiplayer experience, but I promise to return with a better impression of this part at a later date.

For me he is a Singularity undoubtedly biggest surprise this year. I was very expected a mediocre game, built on a simple gimmick. Instead I got a nice different and structurally retro discretionary action explosion, which I will certainly recommend to anyone like I loved Bioshock, Prey and Half Life 2

Do you like action games you should give Singularity a chance. The same should you do if you have lost faith in the genre and want to experience something fresh. It is rare that action, puzzle and story mix as well and give such a fairy tale like a whole. Singularity will withstand the ravages of time very well - much better than the poor Russians I meet at Kart Orga-12.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.