Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

My Review of Singularity

6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 6ZZA

So this may be a little short because of the fact that I am tired. but lets get into it. Also don't questions bout release dates. shhhh

first of Singularity is an FPS with a time bending gimmick that plays a very heavy role in the game. It also heavily reminds me of Half-Life Bioshock and Dead Space.

So let's get this started.

First off the story

i would give it an  8/10 it is pretty deep and it really gripped me. Basically you are Soldier who gets EMP'd out of a helicopter onto an abandoned Russian facility and that is where the magic begins. it starts you out in a creepy ass area with these mutant creatures. and things basically escalate when you are picked up by an organization trying to shut down the facility. i'm going to stop here because of spoilers

Next are the graphics

I give them a  7/10 don't get me wrong they are really pretty..... when all of the textures are loaded yes there are some texture issues that get pretty annoying but it really isn't all that bad. Everything is nice and shiny and the gore isn't half bad either.

Alright time for the sound

Heh i give the game a  9/10 for the sound. The bullet sounds and small things like that are not the greatest i have heard. but i installed my new 5.1 speakers right before playing and hearing the creepy shit coming from behind me and all around me. was way to cool and it really immersed me into the entire atmosphere of the game.

Alright game play time

I was really surprised here.  9/10 the gun play feels extremely solid and refined and the time bending aspect is integrated seamlessly into the game. trust me nothing is more satisfying then dropping a time slowing sphere going into it. head shotting a group of dudes taking down the sphere and watching them all collapse trust me guys. its awesome. 

So my final score is  8.5/10 trust me guys this game is really fun. and the story is excellent you aren't going to want to stop playing it.

if you made it all the way through. please tell me what you think 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By armaan8014
    @6ZZA:
    I didn't make it all the way though the review but I might just keep an eye out for this game. Thanks for the review (post it in the reviews tab, you might get featured)
    berndogskate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By berndogskate
    freeground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By freeground

Cool review, it's good to see the game is as good as I hoped it would be. At certain parts it seemed like it was going to god-awful, but you've restored my hope. Probably pick this up next week.
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By emkeighcameron

I just started playing through it now and all I gotta say that this game alone might be the single best argument against time-manipulation that I have ever seen in any form. The horrors that you can inflict other beings using the power of time are without limits.

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By generic_ninja

The Unreal Engine in this game is definetly not living up to its full potential, I will say the sound of the game is definetly neat, The gameplay though is definetly varried and all of the guns feel nice (With Exception for the Centurian which is the most useless pistol I have ever used) The Time Minuplation aspect is awsome and turning people into dust is always a Fun touch, The Story Is Alright, The entire mid-game is just you trying to get to one place and only the ending and the beginning actually shows the Story's highlights even if it means having the Mid-game being a Go to Point A To Point B type of feel, Overall Accurate review.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.