Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

Very impressed with Singularity.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

Edited By JTB123

Finished this game last night, review will follow soon enough.

I had an amazing time with this game, I really enjoyed the setting and all the little things the devs did to make it seem real and to pull you further in to it. I did get a very strong Bioshock feel from it, but I don't think that was a bad thing as Singularity made up for that with tight controls and fun weaponary.

Yet another awesome game that hardly anyone will enjoy (probably).

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JTB123

Finished this game last night, review will follow soon enough.

I had an amazing time with this game, I really enjoyed the setting and all the little things the devs did to make it seem real and to pull you further in to it. I did get a very strong Bioshock feel from it, but I don't think that was a bad thing as Singularity made up for that with tight controls and fun weaponary.

Yet another awesome game that hardly anyone will enjoy (probably).

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

good action game, but its too MW2-y, which was a disappointment. i was expecting more of a Bioshock vibe

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

It's a great game that has some nice HL2 and BioShock vibes too it while still maintaining a sense of originality and for that I have to say I really did enjoy the game. Hoping this is one that made enough of a financial gain to warrant a sequel.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By walreese55
    @Hamz said:
    " It's a great game that has some nice HL2 and BioShock vibes too it while still maintaining a sense of originality and for that I have to say I really did enjoy the game. Hoping this is one that made enough of a financial gain to warrant a sequel. "
    I doubt it. Game sales have been down across the industry, Raven is pretty much been focused on CoD and I just checked that Singularity didn't even make the top 10 for June NPD numbers.
    JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JTB123

@Ahmad_Metallic - What do you mean too MW2? I thought the "aiming down the sights" felt very MW2 with the assault rifle, but that was all for me.

Pity about it not doing well in terms of sales, I'm not surprised though. In this era games that aren't marketed up the a*** rarely generate high profits. It's such a shame, there is a lot of potential if another game was made in that franchise.

I will stay hopeful though, you never know.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Ultimadark

I've heard pretty mixed things about this game, and since there's no demo of it on XBL then it's hard to know if I should get it

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JTB123
    @Ultimadark: I would say it's an ideal rental, depending of course how long you get them for. My store rents games for a week, which is more than enough time to play through it numerous times exploring all the environments and looking into the history of the story. 

Can't comment on the MP side of it as I have yet to complete a full match, but what I've played is quite fun. Definitely don't see it being a killer MP title though.
    Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Ultimadark
    @JTB123: The only problem is that I live in Sweden, and there are hardly any places (I don't know any) that rent out video games here :(
    EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @brainboy77: Where do you get to see the NPD Sales numbers, I can't find them anywhere .
    paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By paradox121
    @EnchantedEcho: 
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/june-npd/
    Though to be fair Singularity came out towards the end of June, so it may show up in this month's results
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By c1337us

I really enjoyed. I had some trouble with some graphical issues particularly in the early parts of the game to do with the movement of the game and the peripheral vision getting a little double image. But I noticed it less and less through out the game and once I adjusted to the aiming I had a great time. Definately one of the better games I have played right through this year in my opinion.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By EnchantedEcho

It's werid in a few gaming magazines that I have read lately, I have seen many full page Singularity advertisements, maybe Activision have realised that this game is actually worth promoting?

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ahab88

I picked this up last night for $25. Best Buy had it on sale for $40 and I had $15 in Reward Zone certificates. I've only played a couple of hours, just about long enough to get the TMD, and am really enjoying it.

On a side note, I picked up Raven's Wolfenstein for about $12 a couple of weeks ago. It's not near as good as Singularity, but quite a deal at that price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.