Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 05, 2013

Entrenchment and diplomacy have failed to end the wars between the TEC, Advent, and Vasari. These factions now splinter with dissent in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Just got this - mystery planet deaths?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

So I never played the original Sins due to being not into RTS at the time it came out. I decided to spring for this one and had a pretty enjoyable time of it with a game on easy, albeit with a huge map with multiple systems that ended up being a little longer of a game than I think it should have been.

However, just as I was coming to dominate my own starting system, I was suddenly struck by rebel assaults across my territory, and more confusingly than that, my planets started dying off randomly. They weren't planets that were under attack, they weren't even planets that were bordering enemy territory. Just up and down the length of my empire, planets started randomly disappearing, with the message (if you moused over them to look) that bombardment radiation had rendered them uninhabitable. Fortifying the planets did nothing to prevent this, seemingly. Was this some enemy superweapon and how can it be detected and/or countered?

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By crazyleaves
    @Veektarius somebody help this duder out?
    Sarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sarx

Novalith Cannon? Did you play against TEC?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

Sounds like you got novalith cannon'd. the TEC superweapon is a gun with a galaxy wide range that targets planets. You can defend against this with planetary shields, upgrading your planet's bombardment resistance and health

The rebel assaults are a special ability of a specific faction, that cause random incursions in your enemies gravity wells.

incidently if you have issue holding on to your planets even after upgrading them (single mass target novalith cannons) You can upgrade a starbase in your planet's gravity well to have a secondary government which will prevent loss of that planet due to bombardment.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By veektarius

@Jadeskye: Thanks man. That's a really annoying ability. It brings to mind the question - is there any reason that I shouldn't have a starbase in every system?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

@Veektarius said:

@Jadeskye: Thanks man. That's a really annoying ability. It brings to mind the question - is there any reason that I shouldn't have a starbase in every system?

not really no, theres always good cause for a starbase, be it defence, culture expansion, economic or warfare. The only real concern is that would be enormously expensive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.