A new ER candidate?

#1 Posted by Matiaz_Tapia (261 posts) -

I really like this game. Or at least I did after the first season( ?) 

It's definitely not terrible. But since it was a marketing experiment it just didn't generated any buzz at all, so it sold very little apparently. 

The reason I think this could make a good ER, it's because nobody played this game, it's fairly cheap and it makes for an interesting story ( whether it's good or bad it's arguable).  A possible bright side for the crew is that it's not a very long game either. 

I apologize it this comes up as spammy or to "out of the blue". I tend to do that...

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Matiaz_Tapia said:
"     I really like this game. Or at least I did after the first season( ?)  It's definitely not terrible. But since it was a marketing experiment it just didn't generated any buzz at all, so it sold very little apparently.   The reason I think this could make a good ER, it's because nobody played this game, it's fairly cheap and it makes for an interesting story ( whether it's good or bad it's arguable).  A possible bright side for the crew is that it's not a very long game either.   I apologize it this comes up as spammy or to "out of the blue". I tend to do that... "
We will not be getting another ER for a long long time. The last one was 9 months before this one started. 
#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2902 posts) -

The new ER needs to be a good game. And please can we never, ever have another topic like this again.

#4 Posted by super2j (1654 posts) -

im on bored for siren. but all i need to know is can the team make jokes about it or will it be a depressing/scary game.

#5 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

Oh dear god, these topics are back. 

I'd love to see someone play through Siren: Blood Curse, but I don't think the Giant Bomb duders will be playing it.

#6 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

The thing is ER games have to have standalone charm and some hilarious moments. I haven't played Siren Blood Curse, but it's a horro game and from what a lot of people say, a very good one at what it does, so I doubt it'll work well, since it isn't a funny game.

#7 Posted by Matiaz_Tapia (261 posts) -

Just trowing it out there :).  I do enjoy the ER's, it's only natural to be thinking on hypothetical situations  after the current one it's over. I know it's going to be a while for the next one since people are probably still catching up to it.

Siren was a fairly good game. It just got strangely ignored.  Unless of course, I ended up playing a terrible game without realizing (I happens, I do admit it)

#8 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

They usually go for new games, and Siren Blood Curse is relatively old. I would like to see them play it too, I do however have a copy myself that is unplayed.

#9 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Deadly Premonition was mostly a good choice for an Endurance Run but the gameplay was so terrible and unbearable that I think that it scared them away from ever doing another ER, it's a shame really but what can you do

P4 was different, that was a good game and they liked it alot more

Also, stop making threads like this, they can find a game to ER for themselves

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

I dunno, Deadly Premonition was a pretty poor game from a technical standpoint but it still had interesting characters and a story that was pretty good too. I don't know much about Siren but a big part of the Endurance Run is the game having an interesting narrative, if there's any chance of the game coming off weak on the story side then it just may not be as captivating as an Endurance Run candidate.

#11 Posted by Matiaz_Tapia (261 posts) -

Granted, not a funny game in any way. The best things it has going for it's the story format (It's separated in episodes of variable length and presented like a tv show) and the fact that it got sort of pushed aside for being an early digital distribution experiment. 

I don't mean to imply that the staff should take my suggestions or even look at them. I'm mainly interested on the option of this game as an endurance run and what you guys think about that. 

If anything it gets people talking about some forgotten games like this one . I won't let it die so easily ;)....Or maybe I will, that always depends.

#12 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

The next endurance run will be P5. I'm calling it. Spring 2011.

#13 Posted by bkbroiler (1607 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

The next endurance run will be P5. I'm calling it. Spring 2011.

Wrong!

#14 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

sigh

#15 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

Let's finish this one. 

#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

oh look. its this thread

#17 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@AuthenticM: @captain_max707: @Dany: It's from 1 year and 7 months ago.

#18 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@AuthenticM: @captain_max707: @Dany: It's from 1 year and 7 months ago.

I know, but these threads still happen.

#19 Posted by bkbroiler (1607 posts) -

I actually think this is a pretty good idea. Game looks good, and by the time I can afford a PS3 the next consoles will be coming out.

#20 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

You know, Heavy Rain would be pretty awesome.

#21 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

You know where Siren Blood Curse belongs? On the Fear Gauntlet. ...The dead and forgotten intern Fear Gauntlet..

#22 Posted by Grillbar (1797 posts) -

@Matiaz_Tapia said:

I really like this game. Or at least I did after the first season( ?) It's definitely not terrible. But since it was a marketing experiment it just didn't generated any buzz at all, so it sold very little apparently. The reason I think this could make a good ER, it's because nobody played this game, it's fairly cheap and it makes for an interesting story ( whether it's good or bad it's arguable). A possible bright side for the crew is that it's not a very long game either. I apologize it this comes up as spammy or to "out of the blue". I tend to do that...

first of i fucking love that game and would love it see that but if they do another ER it will most likely be a loong time before they do another one, and if they or when they do its most likely not that game since i dont think it would make a good ER

#23 Edited by Matiaz_Tapia (261 posts) -

I posted this a year ago and 7 months ago...Please nevermind. This was before the crew was clear that they didn't wanted ER suggestions so please don't chop my head off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.