Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Ride the Rails!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek
    o rly?
    o rly?
    Hey all! I'm back with a blog, a short blog, but you'll take it and you'll like it! Anyway, I picked up Skate 2 in the mail last Monday and I figured, you know I'd write something up about it.

When Skate 1 was announced I was at that point so tired of the Tony Hawks series, I immediately got excited. Then when the demo was released , I loved it, non-stop fun just skating around like a regular person in a skate-park. Not doing stupid stuff where you jump over lava with lizards in it that will eat your flesh off. If you didn't know, that will be in Skate 3. Well, then the full game was released *dun dun duuuun* and I hated it. I just got annoyed by constantly having to re-do challenges, that after a while, just got too tedious.

This brings me to Skate 2. And from what I've read on these crazy sites like Giant Bomb(c wat i did ther?), the game seemed to be actually shaping up to be good. But, I was pretty undecided on it because of the fact that they still haven't said something like "Oh, and the challenges are easier" or anything. So, like the dirty man I am, I played the demo, and I loved the demo.

Then, on January 26th, I got the game... and oh yea:

BEWARE OF CLIFFHANGERS!
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    o rly?
    o rly?
    Hey all! I'm back with a blog, a short blog, but you'll take it and you'll like it! Anyway, I picked up Skate 2 in the mail last Monday and I figured, you know I'd write something up about it.

When Skate 1 was announced I was at that point so tired of the Tony Hawks series, I immediately got excited. Then when the demo was released , I loved it, non-stop fun just skating around like a regular person in a skate-park. Not doing stupid stuff where you jump over lava with lizards in it that will eat your flesh off. If you didn't know, that will be in Skate 3. Well, then the full game was released *dun dun duuuun* and I hated it. I just got annoyed by constantly having to re-do challenges, that after a while, just got too tedious.

This brings me to Skate 2. And from what I've read on these crazy sites like Giant Bomb(c wat i did ther?), the game seemed to be actually shaping up to be good. But, I was pretty undecided on it because of the fact that they still haven't said something like "Oh, and the challenges are easier" or anything. So, like the dirty man I am, I played the demo, and I loved the demo.

Then, on January 26th, I got the game... and oh yea:

BEWARE OF CLIFFHANGERS!
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Damn you and your cliffhangers!!

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By insanegamer

got to love them cliffhangers.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FlipperDesert

That cliffhanger left me as cold as Halo 2's did. :( It's cool though, as long as the next blog has a remake of Sidewinder, okay?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.