Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Tips on Stoking the Crowed?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I'm up to the point where you try to raise money for a new skate park an you have to accumulate 12,000 points in only like 2 minutes.  I don't have the best skills so anyone got any tips for quickly racking up points?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

Its all about getting the 3X and keeping it. There is not "sure-fire" way to go and get it right away, or to get those 12,000 points.

Skate 2 is a game about practice, so I would just suggest getting a line together that you can get a 3X, do that in the competition and then don't crash and rack up the points ;)

But remember, practice, practice, and more practice! :)

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I usually do a nollie 360 flip or something close to it, I find I can do the tough stuff easier with a nollie.  Remember to spin whenever you can for more points.  Tweak your grabs and do finger flips by flipping the right stick while doing a grab.  Learn to push well, you need all the speed and height you can get.  When doing a grind, try to get a lot of speed, slow grinds won't give as much points, and do a lot of flip trick spins and different grinds.  When you get that 3x multiplier you need to hold onto it, doing hippie jump 360s or a tweaked handplant will give big points as well as keep the 3x going.  Hope that helped. 

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jedted

Thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind.  I wish those big ramps at either end didn't have the hole in the middle.  I was trying to use those to pump up my speed cause i know that give you a lot points but i always bail out in that hole.

Another thing, is pushing with your back foot the best way to build up speed?  I always have the tendency to use the A button for pushing so i get the announcer callin me out for pushing mongo a lot.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't think that has any effect in this game, you can push with whatever foot you want.

Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AimingWandersly
    Jedted said:
    "Thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind.  I wish those big ramps at either end didn't have the hole in the middle.  I was trying to use those to pump up my speed cause i know that give you a lot points but i always bail out in that hole.Another thing, is pushing with your back foot the best way to build up speed?  I always have the tendency to use the A button for pushing so i get the announcer callin me out for pushing mongo a lot."
    it won't affect your speed at all, but the benefit is that if you are indeed pushing mongo, you are working your way towards an achievement/trophy without really trying.

i spent the entire game pushing with A and managed to get the 'pushing mongo' achievement before i knew it was there.

also, i find that if you land any type of flips to rails, back flips or front flips or one foot anything, it stokes the crowd a lot. sometimes, it might be easier to just make your first trick attempt a front flip and then just keep retrying until you land it and once you do, use that 3X multiplyer to just to flips into rails and flips out of them. should rack up your 12,000 relatively quickly.

also, if you can get enough air, the christ air (right trigger plus B) or any one foot grab are easy ways to stoke the crowd and get points fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.