Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Achievement Glitch = Grumble

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By simian

I was playing online with my friend and happened to hit the 3rd board sales milestone though I never received a notification. Anyhow I had other things to do and quit the session for the night so when I booted up the next morning, I saw my progress bar sky rocket and the 'create a new team member' screen up come. I go through the process, save the character and... Nothing.
    I guess either playing online and not returning to single player or just quitting while online didn't allow the trigger to exec since. End result is that I have the achievements for Employee #4 and Completing the team but not Employee #3. It's kind of petty since but I'm sorta bummed that I'm going to have to either re-play a portion of the game to hit this trigger or bitch to EA support about it for 20 points. It would be a non-issue if it wasn't for GB (it inspires greatness) and the constant point battle between myself & a friend (See previous blog post).

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By JarenFace

Points are points man, I'd be annoyed too. How long does it take to get to Employee #3 anyway? Is that 300,00 board sales? I'm sure if you wanted to, you can get there fairly easily by replaying your favourite challenges as a new skater.

While I haven't run into any achievement/trophy glitches, has anyone run into challenges being owned/killed even though you didn't really meet the requirements? I've run into this twice now in the Industrial area - TK's film challenge the The Skate Magazine cover challenge. For the former I Fakie Ollie'd instead of Fakie Kickflipped and the later I didn't actually clear the gap. Regardless I still killed the challenges. Not that I'm complaining, but I still found that a little odd.

Fragonard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Fragonard

Same exact thing happened to me. They need to fix their online stuff, its so broken right now.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By simian
    @JarenFace:  Yeah I glitched a gap though can't say I'm complaining much since at that point I'd been trying for and hour or so.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

The trials of being an achievement whore.

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Piglet

I haven't had any issues with online and the career b/c most of the things I have done I have already completed, I just like hanging out with others, but I have repeatably done the "spread eagle" for over 10 seconds and for some reason the achievement won't unlock...Any info on this?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @OllyOxenFree said:
    " The trials of being an achievement whore. "
    Ha. I had a free Blockbuster rental today, but knowing that Red Dead Redemption will arrive at my house in 2-3 days, I decided to not rent any games that I really want to play through since my time with it would be limited. So I opted for Guitar Hero 2 on 360 because I liked it on PS2, never tried out the new songs, and there's a whole lot of achievements I could rack up. Well, then it comes to my attention that the Rock Band guitar doesn't work with the game. I guess I wasn't thinking about the fact that Rock Band came a bit later, so it isn't compatible. I guess that's what I get for trying to milk some points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.