Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Did I just get burned?

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CastroCasper

I remember hearing a while ago about the Black Box Skate park bonus if you pre-order right? I loved Skate 2 so I knew I was gonna get Skate 3, and wanted everything, even if it is a semi-empty park. So I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered it. Now heres the kicker, I didn't have the money on the day it came out, so I had to go in a few days after with cash. I walked up and told the guy I had a pre-order for Skate I wanted to pick up. I made sure to put emphasis on the pre-order part so he didn't think I just wanted the normal game. I got the game and he charged me 60 plus some change. Now I thought this was weird because I put 5 bucks down to pre-order.  It has been a long time since I have done that or even bought a game from Gamestop, but shouldn't I have gotten that $5 dollars off the game? I didn't say anything right away because I forgot about tax and maybe without the money down it would have been 66 after tax or something. Then I get home and open up the box, but there is no code. The only code is for the share pack, am I stupid and its hidden somewhere or already in the game, or did I just get yolked for the $5 and extra park? If so, I didn't have my coffee today and just quit smoking so I could probably use a good customer service yellin.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ninjakiller

I'd have sympathy for you, but with an apple logo as your avatar all I can do is laugh.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Here's the thing about preorders. Now, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I know, Gamestop only holds preorders for 2 days after the game's release. If you're not there within those 2 days, you're not even guaranteed a copy. So maybe that means they abandon the preorders altogether after that time limit is passed (which seems unlikely considering some people may have already paid full price). Did you give him your preorder receipt? Did you give him any information so he could have accessed your preorder? Because it sounds to me like he just ignored your use of the word "preorder". They probably get people going in there all the time talking about preorders which they don't really have just because they want to get the bonus stuff.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Ben99

learn and move on there is still big stuff ahead

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @kurtdyoung said:

" I remember hearing a while ago about the Black Box Skate park bonus if you pre-order right? I loved Skate 2 so I knew I was gonna get Skate 3, and wanted everything, even if it is a semi-empty park. So I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered it. Now heres the kicker, I didn't have the money on the day it came out, so I had to go in a few days after with cash. I walked up and told the guy I had a pre-order for Skate I wanted to pick up. I made sure to put emphasis on the pre-order part so he didn't think I just wanted the normal game. I got the game and he charged me 60 plus some change. Now I thought this was weird because I put 5 bucks down to pre-order.  It has been a long time since I have done that or even bought a game from Gamestop, but shouldn't I have gotten that $5 dollars off the game? I didn't say anything right away because I forgot about tax and maybe without the money down it would have been 66 after tax or something. Then I get home and open up the box, but there is no code. The only code is for the share pack, am I stupid and its hidden somewhere or already in the game, or did I just get yolked for the $5 and extra park? If so, I didn't have my coffee today and just quit smoking so I could probably use a good customer service yellin. "

It says on the receipt pre orders are held for 2 days after release. Other wise  they give it to someone else. *And refund you* 
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore
    @ninjakiller: You laugh because he has the logo of a great electronics manufacturer as his avatar? 

Anyway, OP, go ask them for a new game with the code.
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CastroCasper
    @TheGreatGuero:  
    I did not bring the receipt but I did tell him my phone number and info after I said pre-order a few times to make sure. He looked it up on the computer first and said, "Okay, hold on" and went and grabbed it from behind the counter. He never said anything about my copy being sold, but he could of just been playing Solitaire and grabbed a normal copy from the shelf. I do not care too much about the 5 bucks but it sucks that I went out of my way, drove to the mall twice, just for a thing I never even got, when I could have gone 2 blocks and bought a copy. From the sounds of it though, after the second day they just sold my game (and probably made a little of extra cash off of it because it had the code) and pestered me about pre-ordering something else. Heh, yeah right.
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CastroCasper

Alright so now I feel like a top tier asshole. I found the receipt and called up the store expecting to get a snobby manager or something, but instead I get the nicest guy in the mall. He said that I should have gotten the 5 bones off and they can give me store credit (yay?) and as I asked about the skate park thinking that I would get  a "Well ya, you're SOL on that one", instead the guy runs all around the store looking for another copy to trade with. He comes back with a sad voice and says there are no new copies, and he is sorry. I say thanks anyway for the credit and as I almost hang up he says, "Well if you have a minute, I think I can get one." He gets on the computer and some how managers to get a code.  

Sometimes people surprise the hell out of you. He did say that he was new and still in training so it will be a real bummer if I do go back to use that credit and he is brainwashed. Thanks for your help everyone and criticism of my avatar!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @kurtdyoung said:
    " Alright so now I feel like a top tier asshole. I found the receipt and called up the store expecting to get a snobby manager or something, but instead I get the nicest guy in the mall. He said that I should have gotten the 5 bones off and they can give me store credit (yay?) and as I asked about the skate park thinking that I would get  a "Well ya, you're SOL on that one", instead the guy runs all around the store looking for another copy to trade with. He comes back with a sad voice and says there are no new copies, and he is sorry. I say thanks anyway for the credit and as I almost hang up he says, "Well if you have a minute, I think I can get one." He gets on the computer and some how managers to get a code.   Sometimes people surprise the hell out of you. He did say that he was new and still in training so it will be a real bummer if I do go back to use that credit and he is brainwashed. Thanks for your help everyone and criticism of my avatar! "
    Like ive said other times. Not all game stops are evil. As for the pre order. Again its 2 days then they sell it and you get your money back. 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @kurtdyoung said:
    " Alright so now I feel like a top tier asshole. I found the receipt and called up the store expecting to get a snobby manager or something, but instead I get the nicest guy in the mall. He said that I should have gotten the 5 bones off and they can give me store credit (yay?) and as I asked about the skate park thinking that I would get  a "Well ya, you're SOL on that one", instead the guy runs all around the store looking for another copy to trade with. He comes back with a sad voice and says there are no new copies, and he is sorry. I say thanks anyway for the credit and as I almost hang up he says, "Well if you have a minute, I think I can get one." He gets on the computer and some how managers to get a code.   Sometimes people surprise the hell out of you. He did say that he was new and still in training so it will be a real bummer if I do go back to use that credit and he is brainwashed. Thanks for your help everyone and criticism of my avatar! "
    Dude, I'm totally glad to hear that. Good for you, man. Though, before you get all disappointed like I did... I'm going to warn you right now: There's no local multiplayer in Skate 3. :(
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CastroCasper
    @TheGreatGuero: I just tried the code and it doesn't work, it is not even a full code. Unless I need to enter it somewhere in the skate menus. I would call them back but then i'd feel like a bigger douche. 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @kurtdyoung said:
    " @TheGreatGuero: I just tried the code and it doesn't work, it is not even a full code. Unless I need to enter it somewhere in the skate menus. I would call them back but then i'd feel like a bigger douche.  "
    Knowing EA, it's probably not a download, but something locked away in the game. So yeah, it might be something in the skate menus.
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CastroCasper
    @TheGreatGuero: Maybe if I went into the skate menu, extras, and then "Enter pre-sell code". Sadly that doesn't work either, lower case, caps, manually putting in the dashes, nor does it work for the two shoe codes.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @kurtdyoung said:
    " @TheGreatGuero: Maybe if I went into the skate menu, extras, and then "Enter pre-sell code". Sadly that doesn't work either, lower case, caps, manually putting in the dashes, nor does it work for the two shoe codes. "
    That sucks, dude. Maybe dude gave you a fake code just to get you to leave happily. I hope he isn't that janky.
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By papercut

mine was on my receipt 

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By JarenFace

Did you ever get it working?

I know I preordered mine too late, so my EB didn't have a slip with the code for me. Oh well, I got the game for roughly $40 so I shouldn't really complain.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CastroCasper
    @JarenFace: Nope, the code never worked and I just gave up. If I get really bored I will just watch a few youtube clips of it and try to recreate it in the park editor. Skate 3 will be just like Skate 2 for me, always just a little incomplete. I have 59 outta 60 freaking achievements in that damn game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.