Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Old assets and brading them as New DLC

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

So I just put in Skate 3 to get the "It takes a village" achivment and I noticed the new After Dark DLC. After skating around and thinking out big this is for free DLC I noticed there is a part of the DLC that seemed familar. The Sanatorium DIY Skatepark section is copy and pasted right out from one of the industral areas in Skate 1.

Now this DLC is free so I feel its fine that this happened. What if Skate started selling "new" DLC and it was just old areas from other skate games. Seems kind of shady to me. If you're going to make something "Brand New" then make it so. Or else just say straight up its assests from old games like in the Skate 2 DLC when they brought back sectioned off areas from Skate 1.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By killroycantkill

Son of a bitch... I messed up the title... "Branding!!!"

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Druminator

DIY is from the first Skate and it's pretty good for being free. They usually have cheap DLC for Skate but yea some, especially the DLC that unlocks everything for you is dumb, but that's EA, look at BC2. But the real DLC they have is new areas plus new gear and park pieces and they're only $5 and $7 when most cheap DLC is usually at least $10. I hate when they have DLC from the first game like maps and stuff but it's kind of cool to experience the new game mechanics within the old faves. At least it's not $15 like MW2 DLC.

McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By McSmunions

while it's always a case by case basis with any dlc, imo, i would pay for the community center again.

and maybe the elementary school.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232

You can thank EA for this. 

Didn't they remove some of the replay features from the first game and turn them into the premium "Film Pack" for Skate 2? Effing awesome work, EA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.