Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 26, 2002

Take to the skies as Vyse and his fellow Blue Rogues as they battle a powerful Empire and an ancient evil to save the world in this enhanced Gamecube port of Overworks' Dreamcast RPG.

My Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media Wiki Projects 2012

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Edited By takashichea

Hey everyone, I can't believe how time flies so fast. First off, this is a summary of all the wiki stuff I do across the Whiskey Media sites and one Wikia community. I don't work in one wiki community because I'm a wiki addict. It all started when I worked in Anime Vice in the fall of 2010. As I look at the work that my teammates and I work on, it's an incredible roller coaster ride we took that led us up to today.

For me, it's always going to tough to do the wiki work with school, family, and Church all on my plate. It's the challenge that thrills me. It will be boring just to do one thing at a time.

I hope you enjoy the wiki work that my fellow teammates have done. All these work that my teammates and I do will serve as inspiration for future wiki editors across the communities because we have this wiki passion/addiction (whatever you call it). It's what drives us to inform and share the knowledge with folks why we love this stuff.

Note: I rushed this blog since I don't have much time. I will fix and proofread the grammar. I'm sorry for doing this.

Giant Bomb

Independent Wiki Editors:Hailinel, Chalphy, and Video_Game_King

See Fire Emblem Community and the Unofficial Fire Emblem Fan Club

Start Date: December 2010?

No Caption Provided

I first came to Giant Bomb because of Zombie Pie. When I read his profile in Anime Vice, I was fascinated by a video game site that is like Anime Vice. I haven't been to much video game sites except for Game FAQ and Serenes Forest whenever I get stuck in a game. During the old days, I was looking around the Giant Bomb community and their wiki pages. I was amazed at the wiki work, and I looked at my video game collection. It was all Nintendo games, and the Nintendo Mascots had their wiki pages filled out. Since I didn't know the wiki style, I didn't touch them. Plus, I didn't know what to add to them. In my search for a niche in this community, I stumbled upon on the Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia wiki pages. It was that time where my gaming preferences shifted towards the Japanese RPG genre from adventure and party games. I replayed Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and bought Fire Emblem Path of Radiance since I never had it back in 2010. You can't edit the wiki pages without playing the prequel game. In 2011, I expanded into the Fire Emblem genre and bought Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem for the GBA because I was a big fan of Roy in the Super Smash Bros. Melee. However, it turns out that I bought the wrong game. Regardles, my little sister and I enjoyed them. I got to do some wiki work for the characters. I was stoked by the differences with the Fire Emblem GBA and Ike's games in the game play mechanics, the story, and the relationships. The relationships are much deeper in the GBA games than Ike's games. Because of the difference, it was a challenge to cover that information on the character pages while compiling all my notes, Fire Emblem Wikia data, and Serenes Forest data into an awesome wiki article.

Please see my Giant Bomb Wiki Project List for more info on more Fire Emblem wiki pages.

My Best Fire Emblem Wiki Work:

1. Eliwood
    2. Sothe
    3. Hector
    4. Ephraim
    5. Micaiah
    6. Eirika
    7. Oscar
    8. Lyn

Skies of Arcadia (GameCube Version)

Date: June 2011?

No Caption Provided

When I bought this game for my little sister, she fell in love with the game. I joined in and played the game out of curiosity. Immediately, I got hooked in Skies of Arcadia. It was a spectacular game whose exploration blows me away in addition to the characters' stories that was intertwined with each other. When you're exploring the world, you can only explore one area, but when you progressed deep in the game, there was hidden items and cool things I never noticed high above and deep below the sky you normally traveled. There was a lot of cool quests that I haven't completed. I never seen a game like this one, and it remains one of my personal favorite RPG games. I wish I can worked more, but I was too busy.

See my Little Sister's Favorite Games List

My Best Skies of Arcadia Wiki Work:

1. Ramirez
    2. Fina
    3. Piastol
    4. Vyse
    5. Aika
    6. Enrique
    7. Cupil

Dark Cloud

Start Date: January 2012?

No Caption Provided

This was a side project when I bought Dark Cloud out of nostalgia. Due to the small story content, it was a challenge to expand their articles. All I had was weapon data, certain items, and skill information. I did a story arc just to make the article feel complete. The weapon section is what I need to expand because Dark Cloud is a unique RPG game with a deep weapon system. The difficult is getting good images for Dark Cloud game play or weapons. I did my own DVD screencaps, but it didn't work out well. Fire Emblem and the newer games had more good images, and the old games' images are scarce.

Other Misc Works

Due to Anime Vice's influence, I was covering news on my anime wiki projects, and I bumped into video game adaptations. I was hesitant to add them to Giant Bomb because of these reasons.

1. They're Japan exclusive, so I don't have much info. I have to rely on the news.
    2. I cannot play them which limits my knowledge on the game play and story.

I felt helpless. I had to leave the page with bare bone information. It's a dead end until the games make it to U.S. shores, or a Giant Bomb member who knows Japanese or somehow plays a English version that they illegally downloaded contributes. The odds of that happening is pretty slim.

Examples:Alice in the Country of Hearts, La Storia della Arcana Famiglia, Guilty Crown: Lost Xmas, and Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment.

Future Wiki Projects

Ever since I bought a Playstation 2 and a Kingdom Hearts game in January 2012 for my little sister, I got hooked into another RPG game. I'm not sure if I want to get into Kingdom Hearts because I only played the first three game, and boy, the story is complicated when my little sister explains to me. Playing the game really breaks things down for me. The Kingdom Heart wiki pages are pretty awesome. I have to dig deep and see what new stuff I can bring to the table.

Please see the Sony List for a history on my experiences in the Kingdom Hearts. It's pretty short.

Conclusion

I never knew I was into RPG games until I joined Giant Bomb. Plus, I only had Nintendo games until I finally bought something different, a Playstation and PSP, and those games will motivate me to work on their wiki pages. Right now, I'm too involved with Anime Vice which I haven't move on from Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia wiki projects. Until I finished a good chunk of either Fire Emblem or Skies of Arcadia.

I owe it to Zombie Pie, Hailinel, Chalphy, Video_Game_King, ArbitraryWater, and finally, my little sister, for getting me started up in the wiki editing business in this great community.

Anime Vice

This is my biggest commitment in my wiki editing hobby. Giant Bomb is my second, and Sket Dance Wikia is my third commitment.

Finished Projects

No Caption Provided

All of these projects were the new summer anime 2012 series. Since I'm in a hurry, I'll list the finished projects and link them; I'll list my teammates that worked with me. I just expand on the new and old anime projects. In the summer, I had some time off, but when summer school roll by, it became a challenge to balance the wiki load.

New Fall 2012 Projects

I only took on a few projects, and this time, I'm alone on the first two projects since most of us are studying for school. Sometimes, I have to fall behind and skip the episodes to do them later when I have time.

Btooom!
    Btooom!
    Solo
    Start Date: Oct. 6, 2012
    At first, I wanted to avoid watching this series because of the graphic content. Like Deadman Wonderland, Hagure Yusha, and Seikon no Qwaser, I'll end up getting hooked like a moth to a flame. Yeah, I don't know what drives me to work on these pages. It's not the sex or the violence that stimulates me, but it's more about watching the insanity and despair that makes me curious.

Roles: Complete episode summaries and adding characters
    Magi the Labyrinth of Magic
    Solo
    Start Date: Oct. 10, 2012
    I pick this project from the start because it was Annabanana's favorite manga series. Since she and I had similar tastes in Shonen anime shows, I decided to give the anime a try. Despite the shonen cliches, I got hooked onto the show with its characters and strong themes of slavery and poverty that will pop up frequently.

Robotic;Notes
    Robotic;Notes
    Teammate:Acura_Max
    Start Date: Oct. 20, 2012
    I had no interest in watching this show, and I was picking potential fall anime shows that the folks of Anime will be interested. Learning from my mistakes in the summer season, I noticed some discussion threads are dead while some are not. I know that Stein;Gates was popular in this community, so I open the discussion thread on this one. Along the way, Acura_Max and ElfenLied1012 got me to try this series. Somehow, I like the show because of the two characters that foil each other: Akiho Senomiya and Kaito Yashio.

Roles: My partner and I both add the characters and expand on them. Acura_Max does the even episodes while I do the odd episodes.

Old and Ongoing Projects

My motto is what I hold on:

Finished what you have started.

Wiki Projects can always be postponed for school work, family, and life. Those things you cannot reset. That's why some of these projects are really old. I'm grateful to have great people in the community has my teammates. It's pretty damn difficult to finish things on your own especially the massive anime series that have over 60 episodes with a character roster of 20 and over. I use the term "resting teammates" because they have retired.

Fairy Tail
    Fairy Tail
    Teammates:Daniel Newton
    Resting Teammates:Annabanana, Wales, Obsidian609, Buhssuht
    Start Date: Around November 2010
    This is one of my first and biggest wiki project. I love working and watching Fairy Tail, and I'm glad to work with one of the biggest wiki editing in the community. It was awesome when Ethan and FoxxFireArt open a slew of wiki tasks on Fairy Tail back in spring of 2011, and Anna, Wales, Buhssuht, and I just finished them in a day.

Roles: I still recall the old days. Now, I'm working with Daniel on the anime and keeping it updated.
    Please see Wiki Project -- Fairy Tail and Fairy Tail Recognition Blogs for Animevice users
    Sket Dance
    Sket Dance
    Resting Teammates: Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, MohsinMan99, HalberdierV2, Piface314, Hibaru

Start Date: August 18, 2011
    Piface314 invited Annabanana and I to try the show. When we got hooked on the show, I started the first weekly reports in order to boost discussion and spotlight the wiki work that my teammates do. Along the way, KuroNekoXIII and MohsinMan99 join the team. Geo came back and wrote news on the show. It was a fantastic experience, and I enjoyed working on this series with my teammates.

Roles: With the anime gone, I'm not working on it as hard as I used to be. I'm just cleaning up the formatting.
    Please see Team W.I.K.I. Nation's Mega Updates on Sket Dance Sept-Oct 2011 to learn about my teammates.
    Sword Art Online Season 2
    Solo
    Start Date: July 16, 2012
    This is one of the newest shows I work on since the summer 2012 and the only one that is running. Ever since I saw the trailer, I was so hyped up to watch the show. It's one of the best shows I watch in the summer along with Binbogami Ga and Humanity Has Declined. I enjoy watching and discussing with the good folks here in Anime Vice.

Even this is a solo project, I had some help from Sonata who got some nice default images and Daniel who helped me on the main anime page and format the episode pages. AnimeReviewDaily worked on Kirito and the main anime page. Buhssuht helped me out on the franchise page.

Roles: Adding episode summaries and characters.

Comic Vine

Start Date: Oct. 17, 2012

No Caption Provided

I first came to Comic Vine after clicking on the news articles on the bottom of Anime Vice's website. That was a year ago. I didn't know Comic Vine had Japanese manga until I stumbled upon FoxxFireArt's blog about having a staff writer focusing on manga. Over there, I was introduced to another awesome wiki editor, PikaHyper. The man had an ambition to expand on the foreign comic database and adding more manga titles than Anime Vice. It made me work in Comic Vine.

While I was working on the manga pages, PikaHyper helped me lot in Comic Vine with the wiki style and the rules. I added manga volumes from Anime Vice and adding manga volumes from Comic Vine to Anime Vice. Usually, I concentrate my work on a few projects, and I don't create a lot of different series that I'm not familiar with. His ambitions changed my wiki outlook, and I'm adding new titles either from Quick Picks or CV for the sake of expanding the database.

I hoping that the work on foreign comics that PikaHyper and everyone else did can bridge the gap between Comic Vine and Anime Vice and increase wiki editing in both communities as well.

Sket Dance Wikia

Teammates:Balthierfan, Utipintar, Lynxian (Admin)

Start Date: February 2, 2012

No Caption Provided

Lynxian recognized my hard work and how I tried hard to get the community involved through weekly reports. She made me an admin on April 24, 2012. With those responsibilities, I have to check the community every day because the new and anonymous editors tend to mess up due to not reading the rules. I help them and fix any mistakes. Plus, there are spammers who attack the pages occasionally. Ever since the Sket Dance anime has ended, my gears are slow, but I still continue to work on the characters a bit and watching the wikia activity.

Screened

I'm just adding episodes and quotes for my favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Raising Hope. Don't have time to do full plot summaries like I do at Anime Vice.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By takashichea

Hey everyone, I can't believe how time flies so fast. First off, this is a summary of all the wiki stuff I do across the Whiskey Media sites and one Wikia community. I don't work in one wiki community because I'm a wiki addict. It all started when I worked in Anime Vice in the fall of 2010. As I look at the work that my teammates and I work on, it's an incredible roller coaster ride we took that led us up to today.

For me, it's always going to tough to do the wiki work with school, family, and Church all on my plate. It's the challenge that thrills me. It will be boring just to do one thing at a time.

I hope you enjoy the wiki work that my fellow teammates have done. All these work that my teammates and I do will serve as inspiration for future wiki editors across the communities because we have this wiki passion/addiction (whatever you call it). It's what drives us to inform and share the knowledge with folks why we love this stuff.

Note: I rushed this blog since I don't have much time. I will fix and proofread the grammar. I'm sorry for doing this.

Giant Bomb

Independent Wiki Editors:Hailinel, Chalphy, and Video_Game_King

See Fire Emblem Community and the Unofficial Fire Emblem Fan Club

Start Date: December 2010?

No Caption Provided

I first came to Giant Bomb because of Zombie Pie. When I read his profile in Anime Vice, I was fascinated by a video game site that is like Anime Vice. I haven't been to much video game sites except for Game FAQ and Serenes Forest whenever I get stuck in a game. During the old days, I was looking around the Giant Bomb community and their wiki pages. I was amazed at the wiki work, and I looked at my video game collection. It was all Nintendo games, and the Nintendo Mascots had their wiki pages filled out. Since I didn't know the wiki style, I didn't touch them. Plus, I didn't know what to add to them. In my search for a niche in this community, I stumbled upon on the Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia wiki pages. It was that time where my gaming preferences shifted towards the Japanese RPG genre from adventure and party games. I replayed Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and bought Fire Emblem Path of Radiance since I never had it back in 2010. You can't edit the wiki pages without playing the prequel game. In 2011, I expanded into the Fire Emblem genre and bought Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem for the GBA because I was a big fan of Roy in the Super Smash Bros. Melee. However, it turns out that I bought the wrong game. Regardles, my little sister and I enjoyed them. I got to do some wiki work for the characters. I was stoked by the differences with the Fire Emblem GBA and Ike's games in the game play mechanics, the story, and the relationships. The relationships are much deeper in the GBA games than Ike's games. Because of the difference, it was a challenge to cover that information on the character pages while compiling all my notes, Fire Emblem Wikia data, and Serenes Forest data into an awesome wiki article.

Please see my Giant Bomb Wiki Project List for more info on more Fire Emblem wiki pages.

My Best Fire Emblem Wiki Work:

1. Eliwood
    2. Sothe
    3. Hector
    4. Ephraim
    5. Micaiah
    6. Eirika
    7. Oscar
    8. Lyn

Skies of Arcadia (GameCube Version)

Date: June 2011?

No Caption Provided

When I bought this game for my little sister, she fell in love with the game. I joined in and played the game out of curiosity. Immediately, I got hooked in Skies of Arcadia. It was a spectacular game whose exploration blows me away in addition to the characters' stories that was intertwined with each other. When you're exploring the world, you can only explore one area, but when you progressed deep in the game, there was hidden items and cool things I never noticed high above and deep below the sky you normally traveled. There was a lot of cool quests that I haven't completed. I never seen a game like this one, and it remains one of my personal favorite RPG games. I wish I can worked more, but I was too busy.

See my Little Sister's Favorite Games List

My Best Skies of Arcadia Wiki Work:

1. Ramirez
    2. Fina
    3. Piastol
    4. Vyse
    5. Aika
    6. Enrique
    7. Cupil

Dark Cloud

Start Date: January 2012?

No Caption Provided

This was a side project when I bought Dark Cloud out of nostalgia. Due to the small story content, it was a challenge to expand their articles. All I had was weapon data, certain items, and skill information. I did a story arc just to make the article feel complete. The weapon section is what I need to expand because Dark Cloud is a unique RPG game with a deep weapon system. The difficult is getting good images for Dark Cloud game play or weapons. I did my own DVD screencaps, but it didn't work out well. Fire Emblem and the newer games had more good images, and the old games' images are scarce.

Other Misc Works

Due to Anime Vice's influence, I was covering news on my anime wiki projects, and I bumped into video game adaptations. I was hesitant to add them to Giant Bomb because of these reasons.

1. They're Japan exclusive, so I don't have much info. I have to rely on the news.
    2. I cannot play them which limits my knowledge on the game play and story.

I felt helpless. I had to leave the page with bare bone information. It's a dead end until the games make it to U.S. shores, or a Giant Bomb member who knows Japanese or somehow plays a English version that they illegally downloaded contributes. The odds of that happening is pretty slim.

Examples:Alice in the Country of Hearts, La Storia della Arcana Famiglia, Guilty Crown: Lost Xmas, and Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment.

Future Wiki Projects

Ever since I bought a Playstation 2 and a Kingdom Hearts game in January 2012 for my little sister, I got hooked into another RPG game. I'm not sure if I want to get into Kingdom Hearts because I only played the first three game, and boy, the story is complicated when my little sister explains to me. Playing the game really breaks things down for me. The Kingdom Heart wiki pages are pretty awesome. I have to dig deep and see what new stuff I can bring to the table.

Please see the Sony List for a history on my experiences in the Kingdom Hearts. It's pretty short.

Conclusion

I never knew I was into RPG games until I joined Giant Bomb. Plus, I only had Nintendo games until I finally bought something different, a Playstation and PSP, and those games will motivate me to work on their wiki pages. Right now, I'm too involved with Anime Vice which I haven't move on from Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia wiki projects. Until I finished a good chunk of either Fire Emblem or Skies of Arcadia.

I owe it to Zombie Pie, Hailinel, Chalphy, Video_Game_King, ArbitraryWater, and finally, my little sister, for getting me started up in the wiki editing business in this great community.

Anime Vice

This is my biggest commitment in my wiki editing hobby. Giant Bomb is my second, and Sket Dance Wikia is my third commitment.

Finished Projects

No Caption Provided

All of these projects were the new summer anime 2012 series. Since I'm in a hurry, I'll list the finished projects and link them; I'll list my teammates that worked with me. I just expand on the new and old anime projects. In the summer, I had some time off, but when summer school roll by, it became a challenge to balance the wiki load.

New Fall 2012 Projects

I only took on a few projects, and this time, I'm alone on the first two projects since most of us are studying for school. Sometimes, I have to fall behind and skip the episodes to do them later when I have time.

Btooom!
    Btooom!
    Solo
    Start Date: Oct. 6, 2012
    At first, I wanted to avoid watching this series because of the graphic content. Like Deadman Wonderland, Hagure Yusha, and Seikon no Qwaser, I'll end up getting hooked like a moth to a flame. Yeah, I don't know what drives me to work on these pages. It's not the sex or the violence that stimulates me, but it's more about watching the insanity and despair that makes me curious.

Solo
    Start Date: Oct. 10, 2012
    I pick this project from the start because it was Annabanana's favorite manga series. Since she and I had similar tastes in Shonen anime shows, I decided to give the anime a try. Despite the shonen cliches, I got hooked onto the show with its characters and strong themes of slavery and poverty that will pop up frequently.

Robotic;Notes
    Robotic;Notes
    Teammate:Acura_Max
    Start Date: Oct. 20, 2012
    I had no interest in watching this show, and I was picking potential fall anime shows that the folks of Anime will be interested. Learning from my mistakes in the summer season, I noticed some discussion threads are dead while some are not. I know that Stein;Gates was popular in this community, so I open the discussion thread on this one. Along the way, Acura_Max and ElfenLied1012 got me to try this series. Somehow, I like the show because of the two characters that foil each other: Akiho Senomiya and Kaito Yashio.

Roles: My partner and I both add the characters and expand on them. Acura_Max does the even episodes while I do the odd episodes.

Old and Ongoing Projects

My motto is what I hold on:

Finished what you have started.

Wiki Projects can always be postponed for school work, family, and life. Those things you cannot reset. That's why some of these projects are really old. I'm grateful to have great people in the community has my teammates. It's pretty damn difficult to finish things on your own especially the massive anime series that have over 60 episodes with a character roster of 20 and over. I use the term "resting teammates" because they have retired.

Fairy Tail
    Fairy Tail
    Teammates:Daniel Newton
    Resting Teammates:Annabanana, Wales, Obsidian609, Buhssuht
    Start Date: Around November 2010
    This is one of my first and biggest wiki project. I love working and watching Fairy Tail, and I'm glad to work with one of the biggest wiki editing in the community. It was awesome when Ethan and FoxxFireArt open a slew of wiki tasks on Fairy Tail back in spring of 2011, and Anna, Wales, Buhssuht, and I just finished them in a day.

Roles: I still recall the old days. Now, I'm working with Daniel on the anime and keeping it updated.
    Please see Wiki Project -- Fairy Tail and Fairy Tail Recognition Blogs for Animevice users
    Sket Dance
    Sket Dance
    Resting Teammates: Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, MohsinMan99, HalberdierV2, Piface314, Hibaru

Start Date: August 18, 2011
    Piface314 invited Annabanana and I to try the show. When we got hooked on the show, I started the first weekly reports in order to boost discussion and spotlight the wiki work that my teammates do. Along the way, KuroNekoXIII and MohsinMan99 join the team. Geo came back and wrote news on the show. It was a fantastic experience, and I enjoyed working on this series with my teammates.

Roles: With the anime gone, I'm not working on it as hard as I used to be. I'm just cleaning up the formatting.
    Please see Team W.I.K.I. Nation's Mega Updates on Sket Dance Sept-Oct 2011 to learn about my teammates.
    Solo
    Start Date: July 16, 2012
    This is one of the newest shows I work on since the summer 2012 and the only one that is running. Ever since I saw the trailer, I was so hyped up to watch the show. It's one of the best shows I watch in the summer along with Binbogami Ga and Humanity Has Declined. I enjoy watching and discussing with the good folks here in Anime Vice.

Even this is a solo project, I had some help from Sonata who got some nice default images and Daniel who helped me on the main anime page and format the episode pages. AnimeReviewDaily worked on Kirito and the main anime page. Buhssuht helped me out on the franchise page.

Roles: Adding episode summaries and characters.

Comic Vine

Start Date: Oct. 17, 2012

No Caption Provided

I first came to Comic Vine after clicking on the news articles on the bottom of Anime Vice's website. That was a year ago. I didn't know Comic Vine had Japanese manga until I stumbled upon FoxxFireArt's blog about having a staff writer focusing on manga. Over there, I was introduced to another awesome wiki editor, PikaHyper. The man had an ambition to expand on the foreign comic database and adding more manga titles than Anime Vice. It made me work in Comic Vine.

While I was working on the manga pages, PikaHyper helped me lot in Comic Vine with the wiki style and the rules. I added manga volumes from Anime Vice and adding manga volumes from Comic Vine to Anime Vice. Usually, I concentrate my work on a few projects, and I don't create a lot of different series that I'm not familiar with. His ambitions changed my wiki outlook, and I'm adding new titles either from Quick Picks or CV for the sake of expanding the database.

I hoping that the work on foreign comics that PikaHyper and everyone else did can bridge the gap between Comic Vine and Anime Vice and increase wiki editing in both communities as well.

Sket Dance Wikia

Teammates:Balthierfan, Utipintar, Lynxian (Admin)

Start Date: February 2, 2012

No Caption Provided

Lynxian recognized my hard work and how I tried hard to get the community involved through weekly reports. She made me an admin on April 24, 2012. With those responsibilities, I have to check the community every day because the new and anonymous editors tend to mess up due to not reading the rules. I help them and fix any mistakes. Plus, there are spammers who attack the pages occasionally. Ever since the Sket Dance anime has ended, my gears are slow, but I still continue to work on the characters a bit and watching the wikia activity.

Screened

I'm just adding episodes and quotes for my favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Raising Hope. Don't have time to do full plot summaries like I do at Anime Vice.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm a wiki editor?.....I mean....of course I am! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be editing that Tear Ring Saga page and whatnot.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By takashichea

@Video_Game_King:

I'm curious about the game, but my little sister told me not to support them because it's a rip-off of Fire Emblem. Oh well. Darn, I forgot to include Dark Cloud even though it was a small project.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's an awesome rip-off, though. I mean, it has this.

And a rapping protagonist.
    And a rapping protagonist.
    takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By takashichea

@Video_Game_King:

I look up Tear Ring Saga. I forgot it was a Japanese release. I couldn't play it legally anyway.

Updates

Updated the blog with Dark Cloud. Looks I need a new Fire Emblem logo because Skies of Arcadia and Dark Cloud look so much cooler than it.

Changed Fire Emblem Logo to Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Logo. Though, I need to clean up the right side of the logo because I couldn't delete all the bits.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By takashichea

For 2013, I'm going to work on Valkyria Chronicles! Working on Giant Bomb made me realized I'm more of a RPG fan. Hopefully, Anime Vice's wiki projects and school will let me have some time to update the characters.

Edit:

Thanks to Daniel Newton, he found a render of the Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn logo online. It was a tough one to convert it to transparent PNG.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@takashichea:

You've reminded me that I have to finish editing the half-dozen pages I've created this month. >< Curse you, Dark Souls, for being such a timesink!

I seem to get halfway into editing a page then stop because I can't figure out which direction to go in or how much info is too much. Do you have a certain way that you approach large wiki pages or do you just have better follow-through than I do?

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By takashichea

@Ravenlight:

Since we don't have an official wiki style guide on formats, I experimented a lot on my character wiki pages using ideas from Wikia communities such as Serenes Forest, Fire Emblem Wikia, and Anime Vice. Before, I wanted to add much as I can when I thought these characters and their minor involvement didn't provide enough info. Somehow, I wrote a lot which made me concerned if I added too much details.

Fire Emblem Example

I could have added all the support conversations' quotes, word by word, but I felt it was too much. There was a time when I added all the support dialogue for Sothe, but I deleted it. Instead, I decided to just summarize what's being said.

To condense stuff on characters for a specific game, I came up with headers to help me out.

• Story
    • Personality
    • Supports
    • Class
    • Unit Data - which I think can lump class with unit data and military affiliation
    • Military Affiliation
    • Ending
    • Trivia - Optional since some characters don't have anything interesting to note

I haven't made an order for consistency.

I don't have a some kind of pattern or thing that helps me to manage large wiki pages.

Edit:

I changed the layout several times to shorten the page such as doing a two column table for unit data (characters who appear in both games).

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@takashichea:

Thanks for the reply, duder! That Sothe page is an excellent example of a well-put-together page. I guess what I should do is just toss as much info as I can at a page and pare down the unnecessary bits after the fact.

Now for the hard part: getting myself motivated enough to sit down and crank some wiki out.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By takashichea

@Ravenlight:

Sorry for the late reply. I wish you good luck on your wiki project. Every video game has something for the characters that you can expand on. For both Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia, it was all about story and relationships. In Dark Cloud, it was more weapon based which I'm still experimenting with the format.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.