Skitchin' is a 1994 combat and stunt racing game from Electronic Arts.
The gameplay is very similar to Road Rash and even uses the same software engine.
There are six ways to earn cash in this game...
1. Race Bonus- This happens when you finish in the top five of any race.
2. Thrash Bonus- You earn $5 every time you knockdown an opponent.
3. Warp Bonus- This is awarded every time a player warps through the appropriate roadside billboard.
4. Trick Bonus- This includes flips, spins and grabs and the money varies depending on the trick.
5. Skitchin' Bonus- You earn $1 for every car the skitch.
6. Cop Bonus- You earn $1 for every second you skitch a cop car.
With the money you earn, you pay for entry fees into the races and replace your equipment. If you run out of money, the game is over. Equipment includes wheels, skates, elbow and knee pads, wrist guards and gloves. There are five varying levels of equipment, economy being the cheapest and worst, and professional being the most expensive and best.
Cities featured in the game include (In order of appearance) Vancouver, Denver, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, Miami and New York City.
Each city has a bonus round containing special items and weapons that is unlocked depending on whether a player finishes the course quickly, thrashes several racers, or bones out (successfully completes several different tricks):
Denver: Bone Out
San Diego: Thrash
San Francisco: Bone Out
Los Angeles: Thrash (King of the Bus - skitch and thrash for the entire level)
Washington, D.C.: Bone Out
Chicago: Bone Out
New York City: None (final city)