Let's get some GB flavored Action up in here! Are you in to play?

#1 Posted by HadesTimes (811 posts) -

Hey guys,

Since no thread has been started on this. I want to make sure everyone has peeps to play Skullgirls with so:

Name: Hadestimes

GT/PSN ID: HadesTimer/Devilsalias

Mic: No

I'm not going to be able to put this whole thing together if it gets too big. But I'm definitely down to play just about any night of the week next week. So drop me an invite or a friend request. You guys know how PSN/XBLA games are, a crap shoot as far as matchmaking. So let's not bother with that. I will add as many of you as I can and vice/versa. Savvy? Good, now if any nice person who does these sorts of things all the time would like to make with the organization here. I would be MOST pleased. Thanks...

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

I don't think a lot of people are going to be getting this game. Hope i'm wrong though.

My PSN ID is MaxwellMouse

#3 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

Both PSN ID and Gamertag: ZenPuff.

Not sure what I'll be buying it for, but feel free to add me on both! Just write "GB" or whatever so I know.

#4 Posted by HadesTimes (811 posts) -

Sounds good guys, I'm going to start adding folks tomorrow night.

#5 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

Gamertag: SImulacrum156

Mic: no

Lets do this!

#6 Posted by Commisar123 (1796 posts) -

PSN Commisar123

no mic

country USA

#7 Posted by Overbite (205 posts) -

I'm getting it on PSN, add MSX6800

I'm in the US

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Im down gonna be playing almost all the time just hit me up and ill play.

PSN halflife10

no mic

Country Canada

#9 Edited by HadesTimes (811 posts) -

All the PSN folks have been added to my friends list. Now I just have to download the game, LOL!

Looks like most folks are getting it for PSN. So until I see otherwise, I think I'll probably just stick with playing it there.

#10 Posted by HadesTimes (811 posts) -

Sorry for double posting, but MAN, do you NEED a stick for this game. Might not be on PSN as much as I thought. But I will try. At least until I can afford a PS3 stick or a universal one.

#11 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

Eeyup

Gamertag:RawrIsmash

Time zone:EST
Mic:yes

cmon suckas and so forth

#12 Posted by XTraFries (211 posts) -

PSN ID: DrStoked

No Mic

East coast US

really digging this game

#13 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Xbox: m33td3thl

No mic.

East Coast Canada.

I'm alright. I've got some combos down. Come fight my Painwheel/Double!

#14 Posted by airpi (17 posts) -

I'm scrub as shit but I figure I'll put my name out

GT: airpi

East Coast US

Pad

Mic I guess :V

#15 Edited by Tharrington (145 posts) -

GT: Tharringbone

USA East Coast

I can have a mic if needed

Also important is that I'm a complete scrubbles

#16 Posted by JTB123 (1048 posts) -

Definitely interested in it, going to try both versions to see which plays better with a pad, I don't have a mic for PS3 by the way.

PSN: JTB123

360: JayTB123

#17 Edited by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

My PSN is catbond

And if we get any matches in I'd be willing to throw them up on the officially unofficial community fighting game channel www.youtube.com/WMfightclub

Oh and I'm located in the LA area.

#18 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Hey anyone got a filia combo that does more than 6k with one bar and no assists.

#19 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

GT: Mesoian. Still learning the ropes.

#20 Posted by Phished0ne (2520 posts) -

Psn: Pipertheredworm

LETS GET HYPE!

#21 Posted by DonChipotle (2783 posts) -

GT: HopeOnFire04

Mic: Yes

#22 Posted by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

PSN: Dark Shaper

I won't be playing much until this weekend.

#23 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360: I can't seem to pull the whole thing off because my hands are dumb, but I've tested the individual parts and they should all combo from anywhere on screen. Also I tested all of this on Peacock so it should work on anyone. I have no idea what the total damage would be though:

AD = Air Dash ; > = chain ; xx = cancel

Air MKxxAD , HP , Land , D+LP>D+LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxAD , MP , Land , LP>LK>MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>HK , Land , D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air MKxxQCB+HKxxQCB+KK , Land , MP>MK>HKxxQCF+HP

The last bit after the Super of course is wall-bounce willing. I'm really not sure how well it will work but I'm 99% sure it doesn't break any of the "no-infinites" rules.

#24 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@scarace360: I can't seem to pull the whole thing off because my hands are dumb, but I've tested the individual parts and they should all combo from anywhere on screen. Also I tested all of this on Peacock so it should work on anyone. I have no idea what the total damage would be though:

Air MKxxAD , HP , Land , D+LP>D+LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxAD , MP , Land , LP>LK>MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>HK , Land , D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air MKxxQCB+HKxxQCB+KK , Land , MP>MK>HKxxQCF+HP

The last bit after the Super of course is wall-bounce willing. I'm really not sure how well it will work but I'm 99% sure it doesn't break any of the "no-infinites" rules.

What the hell are the anti infinite rules because i cant do a loop even when i change the air combo do i have to also change the launcher that i use or can i just change my otg?

#25 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

PSN: dtat13

Level of skill: Nonexistent!!

#26 Edited by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

What the hell are the anti infinite rules because i cant do a loop even when i change the air combo do i have to also change the launcher that i use or can i just change my otg?

OK so I just managed to fucking get my hands working and this combo had to be modified. Here's the final combo I used:

Air MKxxAD , HP , Land , D+LP>D+LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxAD , MP , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>HK , Land , D+LK>MP>MK>D+HPxxQCB+HKxxQCB+KK , HKxxQCF+HP

Total damage: 5767 :'(

Ok so the infinite rules state that you can't start a chain with an attack you already hit with. The first two chains don't count towards this restriction. Now that I've looked this up I can see an easy way to add another rep to this combo. I'll get back to you on the final inputs/damage.

EDIT: Ok this is the combo I am trying to do now:

Air MKxxAD , HP , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Delayed Air MP>MKxxAD , MP , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>MK(1 hit)>HK , Land , D+LK>D+MP>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxQCB+HKxxQCB+KK , Land , MP>MK>D+HPxxQCB+HK

#27 Posted by punisherkaos (277 posts) -

GT PUNISHER KAOS

Locaction: Central US

MIC: yes

skill: complete scrub

#28 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

PSN - xSuffokatex

Location - Canada EST

Mic - Yes but probably won't use it

#29 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Ok I think this is going to be pretty close to the final version clocking in at 6150 damage:

Air MKxxAir Dash , HK , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Delayed Air MP>MKxxAir Dash , MP , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>MK(1 hit)>HK , Land , D+LK>D+MP>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxQCB+KK , Land , MP>MK>D+HPxxQCB+HK

#30 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@scarace360 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Ok I think this is going to be pretty close to the final version clocking in at 6150 damage:

Air MKxxAir Dash , HK , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Delayed Air MP>MKxxAir Dash , MP , Land , LP>LK>D+MP>MK>HPxxJump Forward , Air LK>MP>MK(1 hit)>HK , Land , D+LK>D+MP>HPxxJump Forward , Air LP>MP>MKxxQCB+KK , Land , MP>MK>D+HPxxQCB+HK

Thats a kickass combo im going to go learn it.

#31 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360: Fuck here's something better and another for 2 meters. Notations in the video descriptions.

#32 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

FUCK!

WHY DO FILIA'S NORMALS BEAT EVERYTHING?!?

#33 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360: BAH fuck a training mode that does not have dummy settings for auto-block/tech. Apparently a blue circle on a ground bounce means it's techable which means that after the j.HK these combos are no longer true combos. Here's the best I could do since I found that out, I feel like I wasted my afternoon. Back to the lab tomorrow!

#34 Edited by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

@scarace360: Fuck me and my obsessive mind, I've been up for 24 hours now... OK so these are the BEST best best BnB combos I could come up with for Filia and I'm going full practical here, not relying on Jump-In gimmicks to artificially boost the damage. These combos are raw starting off of a cr.LK but they could easily be boosted for ~2.5k damage by tacking on a j.HPxxADF, j.HP>j.HK if you want to show some big ass numbers. How bizarre, I guess you now have a glimpse into how I develop combos. Maybe I should make a blog post about it.

EDIT: Fyi 6949 was the most damage I was able to get with one meter after an abusive jump-in :D:D:D

#35 Posted by AxleBro (798 posts) -

psn: AxleFGK

Mic: sure but its usually off since nobody talks

i play a runaway game, don't get mad at me.

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

PSN: FluxWaveZ

Mic: Have one, won't use it unless I need to

#37 Posted by JJOR64 (19020 posts) -

Damn these combos are getting crazy already. Got the game last night and I'm digging it.

LIVE Gamertag: JJOR64

Mic: Yes.

#38 Posted by personz (55 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: I hope you are wrong as well.

PSN ID: Jatzu

#39 Posted by Hichael (162 posts) -

PSN ID: DRZako

USA West Coast

No microphone.

My skill level is pretty low.

#40 Posted by Melvargh (500 posts) -

XBL: Melvargh

Canada: Eastern

Have a mic.

Add me now!

#41 Edited by TehChich (165 posts) -

I'm shit at this game but I love it so. I see those typed out combo chains up there and just check out.

XBLA: TehChich

Oh and Kinect Mic. Works well enough. And I turn down the sound when I play online.

#43 Posted by jewunit (1063 posts) -

I am not online very often, but I will gladly crack skulls against anyone who wants to play.

PSN = Wossamotta_U

Mic = None

Location = East Coast (Philadelphia)

#44 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

Yo, Rugalbgood on 360.

Anyone up for some?

#45 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

I re-iterate: Anyone up for any?

My name is Rugalbgood on live, shoot me a message if you want to play some.

#46 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

GT: Mesoian

It feels like absolutely no one is playing this game. I've fought the same 3 people all night.

#47 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

Well, I'm still up for it.

PS3 too, I'm Rugalbgood there as well.... although the PSN sucks, too laggy. After all, it's free, so you get what you pay for, ha ha ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.