Meet Peacock, The Newest Skullgirl

#1 Edited by Dilenger93 (42 posts) -

hi

EDIT: This oddly reminds me off Popeye

#2 Posted by Hector (3381 posts) -

Awesome

#3 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

This looked interesting to me from the preview stuff they did on it, good to see something to keep it on my radar.

#4 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

The animation from this game looks amazing. Everything looks so fluid.

#5 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

Liking the gameplay, the art not so much.

#6 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -

Lol Clouds sword and Sol Badguys sword making cameos.

Nice.

#7 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -
@Dilenger93: yea me too, she looks like Olive Oyl. I'm sort of starting to like this game more, I kind of hated it's art design but I'm warming up to it :D.
#8 Posted by DS23 (254 posts) -

So they're up to 3 characters now? yay.
#9 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Everything about this game is looking great, its just a bummer that the art style is going to turn away so many people.

#10 Posted by 1momosauky (214 posts) -

hit counter too center screen

#11 Posted by MeatSim (10946 posts) -

It really is a twisted Disney cartoon character.

#12 Edited by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

I'd like the style of this game a lot more if the whole game was done in Peacock's style. 

...also, Peacock is a boy's name. Female "peacocks" are called peahens, but whatever.

#13 Posted by Branthog (5598 posts) -

I still find the art style in this game really unappealing.

#14 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

peacock reminds me of someone from that one tv show about a lot of small kids that fought evil from their crazy tree house or whatever...

#15 Posted by Jay_Ray (1134 posts) -

I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock

Your peacock, cock

Your peacock, cock, cock

Your peacock

I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock

Your peacock, cock

Your peacock, cock, cock

Your peacock

#16 Posted by enemymouse (338 posts) -

That's some sweet music

#17 Posted by bybeach (5009 posts) -

I think the artstyle for this is intriguing..creepy and wierd also but definetly pretty cool. Makes me a little schizo. in my assessment of it. And of course the overarching theme of gurls beating on each other with an ocassional boob or butt shot... Okay.

#18 Posted by Ravidrath (43 posts) -

@1momosauky: Yeah, we're aware of that problem and working on it now. The whole combo counter will be made more compact and moved up.

#19 Edited by Brodehouse (10140 posts) -

So basically BB Hood stole Carl Clover's hat?

My two preferred fighters are BlazBlue and MvC and my suggestion is to make the screen explode more.

#20 Posted by Slurpelve (620 posts) -

Love the art style, can't wait to see more of this game.

#21 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3529 posts) -

I can't wait for this game, the animation and art are so good. 

#22 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -

she looks like a mix of fifties mickey and bb hood

#23 Posted by captainanderson (258 posts) -

It'll be interesting to see how an indie developed fighting game turns out. I dig the artstyle, but the gameplay looks a little too similar to Guilty Gear/BlazBlue for me to get excited about this.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12138 posts) -

The game itself looks perfectly fine. The art style still kills it for me though.

#25 Edited by ghostNPC (793 posts) -

I hate fake/western-anime style art.  It's just so noticeable and makes the entire product seem like a budget game.

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

The animation for this game is awesome. The artstyle, however, is not.

#27 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

this looks so poor and will be unplayed after it has been out for a few weeks.

#28 Posted by 1momosauky (214 posts) -

@Ravidrath: other than that the game looks great keep it up

#29 Edited by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -

Its obvious that the dev's are extremely passionate about this project and have sacrificed a lot to make it a reality. But realistically, the majority of people that are going to buy this game are going to do it for the art style only (and I'm sure many that don't buy it will do so because of its "bad graphics.") The gameplay, to me at least, looks like a stereotypical Japanese-made fighting game, which can be extremely hard to get in to (Soul Caliber 4 anyone?) Also, there is something about the art style that seems sort of... off, or generic to me. Its hard to put to words, but I think some of you know what I am talking about. 

TL:DR: I think this game is going to flop, despite the best efforts of the dev team.

#30 Posted by TRAYNREK (113 posts) -

I worry that no one will play this game a week after release. I see all these beautifully designed characters in a new fighting game IP with a unique art style but kind of longevity can I expect?

#31 Posted by SatelliteOfLove (1369 posts) -

This is the only character design in this game that doesn't look like a Deviantart doodle.

#32 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2400 posts) -

She looks like an evil, female version of Mickey Mouse.

#33 Posted by musclerider (597 posts) -

Ygg said:

This.

#34 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -
@musclerider said:

Ygg said:

This.

It's really a shame, because this seems like Darkstalkers 3.5
#35 Posted by XChairmanDrekX (323 posts) -
@captainanderson said:

It'll be interesting to see how an indie developed fighting game turns out. I dig the artstyle, but the gameplay looks a little too similar to Guilty Gear/BlazBlue for me to get excited about this.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
#36 Posted by Kyle (2325 posts) -

@XChairmanDrekX said:

@captainanderson said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Well... It's not an immediately great thing...

#37 Posted by iyaoyas615 (81 posts) -

This art style is going to make me buy a game that I will never play because I suck at fighting games but I have to support the artists on this.

#38 Posted by ch3burashka (5263 posts) -

Holy shit, that's some straight-up Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse stuff right there! That's amazing - bring it back I say!

#39 Posted by Kjellm87 (1722 posts) -

Holy shit, that is some great music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.