Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skullgirls

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Apr 10, 2012

Take control of fierce female warriors in a 1940s dark Deco world in this stylish indie fighting game developed by (and for) hardcore fighting game enthusiasts.

Skullgirls Isn't Dead Just Yet

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Many of you were wondering why the recent Skullgirls patch had taken so long, why the Skullgirls team was silent, and what big news the Skullgirls team had in store after the patch was released. Well, here is an answer to all those questions. The Skullgirls team is no longer employed by Reverge Labs. In fact, Reverge Labs laid off the entire Skullgirls team last June, just before the patch was originally supposed to come out.

Instead of letting the game die, the team went on to form their own new company, Lab Zero Games, who will now be in charge of all further work on Skullgirls. The new Skullgirls patch even includes a Lab Zero splash screen in the intro.

Unfortunately, these circumstances have delayed the Skullgirls PC version as well as work on the first Skullgirls DLC character. However, the team is looking to resume work on both as soon as possible. They likely just have to sift through a pile of business and bureaucracy first.

Lab Zero Games have also recently opened up their own website. Currently, the only thing you can find on it a letter of introduction that you can read below. The letter goes into more detail on the forming of the studio, the layoffs at Reverge, and the state of the Skullgirls project.

Source - Shoryuken.com

Skullgirls was a game that never really caught on with most of the fighting game community. It had it's moment in the spotlight but because it wasn't supported in the scene it faded away but it was extremely fun and a great looking game. My question to the people who bought Skullgirls - will you come back to it when Lab Zero starts supporting it again or is it too late and have you moved on to other games? Or have you been continuing to play it online?

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Jaktajj

@Sauson: This is amazing news, was really happy to read it. Very much looking forward to the DLC characters and/or anything else they can put out to support this game and can't wait to get back to playing this again!

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Yeah I think I'll buy this game on PC just to support it again, and cannot wait for DLC characters, because the game is really fun and the world of characters they built is very cool. 

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By envane

@Sauson: ill probably be keen to put more time in on pc , i was playing it offline the other day , i still cant get "good" at it still , at least to a level where im comfortable with my character choices like i am with ssf4ae etc.. but yeh .. for me anythiong on the playstation is an extra chore to play , whereas if its on pc im more likely to play it on a whim.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dtat

I wholehearted support the Skullgirls folks. I think it's a great game with a lot of heart. Even as someone who isn't usually into fighting games, I love what they did, and I'm excited that there's more to come!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.