Who will you use in Skullgirls?

#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

#2 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Parasoul for me!

#3 Posted by CaptainInvictus (182 posts) -

Rock me Cerebella

#4 Posted by HadesTimes (793 posts) -

I'm not sure what will be the most popular, teams or one on one. I think oriignally they intended us to play 3 on 3 teams. But now, I think it might be more one on one. But who knows what will be most popular. I'm going for Cerebella or Painwheel.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@HadesTimes: ah good point...i shouldve added a team option... darn

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

parsol/ms fortune and peacock

#7 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Falentine for sure.
#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4038 posts) -

The one with the least amount of clothes on...

#9 Posted by Commisar123 (1786 posts) -

Which ever one plays like Ryu

#10 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

poor Peacock not getting any love lol

#11 Posted by el_tajij (704 posts) -

A team of Valentine + Cerebella for me!

#12 Posted by Slay3r1583 (584 posts) -

I like the naughty nurse.

#13 Posted by Three0neFive (2275 posts) -

the one designed to pander to horny teenagers

oh wait

#14 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

the one designed to pander to horny teenagers

oh wait

Yeah welcome to video games, bud.

I'm never one to choose fighting game characters before I've had a good chance to try everyone, but I like the look of Parasoul.

#15 Edited by StarvingGamer (7565 posts) -

4/8 Skullgirls characters agree that fighting in a mini-skirt is the way to go!

I'll probably run through all of them first to see how they feel. I may end up with Cerebella/Peacock since I always gravitate towards grapplers and zoners, the two extremes of the fighting-game spectrum.

@Commisar123 said:

Which ever one plays like Ryu

That would be Filia

EDIT: I just noticed that one of Ms. Fortune's likes is "subjecting others to terrible puns." I may have to change my answer.

EDIT2: Valentine has an Izuna Drop... fuck...

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo

The one with the least amount of clothes on...

#17 Posted by Commisar123 (1786 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: Thanks that's actually good to know, also I agree that Ms Fortune looks awesome and hilarious

#18 Posted by KrazyNynja (2 posts) -

ms.fortune or felia for me

#19 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

Probably Valentine. Resembles MvsC3 Morrigan rushdown.

#20 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -
@Mesoian

Aw GTFO.

Who plays like Taskmaster? Which is to say who has every tool in the game and a ton of health to back it up?

Or Litchi from Bureiburu. I liked her awesome screen wide poke attacks.
#21 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Want to get a handle on the characters before I can say for sure, but I'm really interested in Mrs. Fortune and Valentine.

Mrs. Fortune just seems like she has a fucking crazy kit and Valentine just has a ton of options available to her, not to mention she's the only character in the game capable of reviving a tag partner.

#22 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

@Mesoian

Aw GTFO. Who plays like Taskmaster? Which is to say who has every tool in the game and a ton of health to back it up? Or Litchi from Bureiburu. I liked her awesome screen wide poke attacks.

Probably double. If you wanna play that way though, you'll probably end up using Parasol or Ms. Fortune and bait traps for distance pokes.

#23 Posted by FulgoreSenpai (71 posts) -

Can't really say till i've actually played with the characters. or is this more like " which character is the one you would pick based on aesthetics" .

Still not sure even then.

#24 Posted by Mousse_gallon (132 posts) -

Parasoul or Peacock

#25 Posted by DonChipotle (2657 posts) -

Parasoul all day every day

#26 Posted by OneManX (1664 posts) -

Valentine for me, just her supers look amazing. And she has a great rushdown and easy hit confirms (which i guess you can say that for everyone).

And she is probably the coolest looking out, outside of Double and Ms. Peacock.

#27 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

Changing my vote to Cerebella X Valentine. It's my normal SheHulk X Morrigan MvsC3 goodness all over again.

This game is amazing. Can't wait for the XBLA drop so I can use a real god damn controller.

#28 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Probably a girl?

#29 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

...Filia because she seems really simple to use and i'm saying that beause i don't have a fucking clue about fighting game terms. I mean, what's a zoner? What's a rushdown character? I like characters like Juri on SF or Phoenix in MvC, the kind that packs a punch, is fast, but who has a questionable defense, which one of these Skullgirls fits my description?

Help a duder out. >:

#30 Posted by gesi1223 (216 posts) -

@MikeGosot: The game is all about defensive strategies. I'd say Peacock would be the easiest to use due to her being the only one with an army of projectile moves to keep everyone else at bay, that is until people learn how to counter all of it.

#31 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@gesi1223 said:

@MikeGosot: The game is all about defensive strategies. I'd say Peacock would be the easiest to use due to her being the only one with an army of projectile moves to keep everyone else at bay, that is until people learn how to counter all of it.

I will give her a try, but i don't like projectiles a lot. I'm not the most defensive guy in the world, so the game becomes very challenging... And fun.
#32 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -

I'm leaning towards Ms. Fortune at the moment, but haven't come to a solid conclusion as of yet. Typically I like faster rushdown characters, and avoid the heavy grapplers. So Cerebella is probably out.

#33 Posted by jewunit (1051 posts) -

I really like the style of Peacock. The animation in her movements is wonderful. I don't know if those attributes will translate into me using her, but my eye is on trying her first.

#34 Posted by Ulong (444 posts) -

I've been playing a 2 person team of Painwheel/Peacock. Voted Peacock in the poll since she's obviously the best designed fighting game character in history.

#35 Posted by jewunit (1051 posts) -

After a few more hours going through the story mode with each character, I think I changed my mind. I really like Peacock's artistic style, but no her play style. That level of keep-away tactics just doesn't work well for me. Instead, I have found myself using Valentine a lot. She has a great mix of keep-away in her Dead Cross projectiles and heavy attacks that take big swipes at the opponent from great distances. She also has great manueveribility with her double jump, air dash, and numerous normal and special attacks that can be done in the air. The opponent has to guess when you are coming down, dropping back, throwing, tossing projectiles, or rushing in combo. It all makes for a very complete package. If I could be a little less predictable, I might actually win a few rounds.

Not only have I gone from Peacock to Valentine, I have also decided to use a single character instead of two. I like how a number of the characters in the game play and certainly see advantages in playing two or three-character teams. However, I feel the most confident in playing as Valentine at this point and the additional life and damage for a single character has minimized most of my concerns. I may yet find a second character to use regularly, but for now, the nurse is my on-call girl.

#36 Posted by Petiew (1279 posts) -

Rocking Peacock with that cheap Double assist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.