Microsoft Picks Up Skulls of the Shogun

• 61 results
#51 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I don't know if I'd call the Advance Wars games "accessable" after the first handful of missions. AW kind of kicks your ass around a bit.

#52 Posted by FoxMulder (1635 posts) -

That Quick Look seems like it was years ago!

#53 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Are they going to announce how they invested in this game like Sony did lol

#54 Posted by RahRahRobot (35 posts) -

Hoping it will be released on Steam in the near future.

#55 Edited by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Looks kinda cool, I liked Advance Wars so I'll keep an eye on this.

#56 Posted by Parkingtigers (171 posts) -

The gameplay will suffer without having a grid.  An essential part of any turn-based strategy game is being able to quickly see how far you, and the enemy, can move.  Taking away that precision of unit placement and there is a real danger of it becoming a mess of fiddly blobs of units. 

I'll take a fresh look at it when it comes out, as I love TBS games, but so far this looks nothing special.  Certainly nothing to appeal to a huge Advance Wars fan like myself.  For one thing, the story and the characters will need to be better than generic skeleton dudes floating around.  Presentation will be everything.

#57 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (303 posts) -

Definitely on my watch list. Always happy to see small developers games get publishers. Congrats.
#58 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Are they going to announce their investment just like SONY does lol ...poor sony btw playing catch up oh well karma is a bitch arrogant bastards.

on topic i hear it has something to do with the advanced wars team?

#59 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -

Wow I honestly forgot all about this game, hasnt it been almost like a year?

#60 Posted by raikoh05 (413 posts) -

fuck you microsoft I wanted this game

#61 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

Microsoft is also publishing Orcs Must Die. That will also come out for the PC. It seems Microsoft is happy publishing game  with 360/PC releases.

#62 Posted by MeatSim (10774 posts) -

Good for Haunted Temple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.