Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 13, 2011

Spyro and friends are toys come to life in this new 3D platformer from Toys for Bob and Activision.

Air Skylanders - Trouble Locating

dikfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dikfox

Anyone else having trouble locating a Sonic Boom or Whirlwind(Target)? I have been looking for a couple of days at gamestops, TRU, target and have had no luck.

Also, was the legendary character pack at TRU a timed thing? I have not seen any of those either.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By SerHulse

Sonic Boom

Whirlwind

I don't know what the going rate for Skylanders is but they seem mighty expensive

dikfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dikfox

@Hulsey90: Yeah, those are prices pretty high. This feels like people buying out new release consoles and reselling, bleh.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Nadafinga

I've been looking out for these as well, they are the only element I'm missing. Finally found a Sonic Boom at Target tonight. It wasn't there 2 days ago. They're out there, just gotta keep checking.

dikfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dikfox

@Nadafinga: Same thing happened to me, a lone Sonic Boom at our target where I was buying groceries.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, duders.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga

I can quit anytime I want...

DarkTitaniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By DarkTitaniv

Whirlwind i'm noticing is almost impossible to find, however sonic boom, try best buy if you are having trouble finding a store that carries him.

dikfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dikfox

I had to order whirlwind on amazon for 20$. Well I didn't HAVE to, but once you start skylandering you can't stop.

goodlucktj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By goodlucktj

timing and strategy can get you almost all of them - regardless of type.

whirlwind, the target exclusive, can be located using target.com's 'find in store' feature. three of the seven target stores in the des moines area still had it in stock, which is how i got mine without any hassle.

sonic boom is available as a single, or in a three-pack that includes wrecking ball and stealth elf, i believe. check occasionally at tru's website first - i bought the two level packs currently available and two three packs from there - they were offering buy one get one half off.

i'm personally having my 6-year-old open all of these for her birthday and xmas, respectively. if you find yourself in a position where you *must* have them and are out of options, pm me, maybe i can get one for you around here and send it your way. not sure why, but it seems the dsm southside tru constantly has almost all of the skylanders in short stock.

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By StealthRaptor

I was at Target the other day, where they are still out of Whirlwind, and was told that the Skylander has been discontinued. A friend of mine (also far down the Skylander rabbit hole) called Activision to complain about people buying all the Whirlwinds to sell on ebay for between $60-200 and the rep said that it will be rereleased with the next wave of figures. So please do not bid on one of these things online when you will be able to get one for $8 in less than a month.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

I know that the last week or so while at either the major retail places (ie. target, best buy) or the individual stores like gamestop that a lot of the single figures were out of stock. Guessing it's part of the holidays but might be able to find something soon once they restock, if not I'd defintely look at amazon to just get it without all the legwork of searching.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

I am having huge problems finding anything other than Voodoo, all the shops are sold out of anything else and the online prices are really expensive.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#14  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Word on the street is that the two previously retailer exclusive Skylanders (Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant) are going to be re-released in a 3-pack with one of the new Skylanders come the end of the month (and therefore they won't be retailer exclusive anymore).

Zanzibar106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zanzibar106

Don't pay the eBay or Amazon Seller markups, just wait. Skylanders' FB page says more are on the way, should be in stores anytime now. The big problem will be if the resellers just wipe out all the stocks. I'm hoping the retailers start mandating a 'max 3 per customer' thing for a while.

Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Neezie

I just got Stump Smash and Sonic Boom on amazon, they appear to be slowly becomigng available again

XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By XanderCrews

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.