Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 13, 2011

Spyro and friends are toys come to life in this new 3D platformer from Toys for Bob and Activision.

Hans Zimmer?

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jerr

Why is one of the most successful film composers of the modern age doing the score for THIS GAME? I guess after the massive failure of the Dark Knight, he needed to do something extra on the side.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

The Dark Knight wasn't a massive failure though? Isn't it like one of the highest grossing films of all time? And I'd imagine he could take a pretty large cut since he's a pretty big name. I also guess Activision have a fair amount of money to blow on ridiculous shit

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

@Jack268 said:

The Dark Knight wasn't a massive failure though? Isn't it like one of the highest grossing films of all time?

HyBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HyBound

@Jack268: Ahem... Hello Sheldon.

Anyway, yeah it seems rather ridiculous; the insomniac trilogy were incredible games worthy of Hans, but these newer iterations are not. I'm pretty sure the way he works is he writes a couple themes and then hands them off to the dozen or so composers under him to finish them out into scores, but still.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

man Joker's theme from dark knight is probably one of my favorite movie soundtrack songs. so good

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contro

He did Crysis 2 recently....

I really like his work in the intro of True Romance, that jingle at the start is so evocative of the whole festive season.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By buzz_killington

And the game's script is done by Toy Story (the original) writers. Seems kind of unnecessary for a kids game, but I'm sure the game is better for it.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jaycrockett

I put on my headphones last night and paid some attention to the score. It's good. It does sound like Hans Zimmer now that I listen to it. It's not on the level of a Zelda or Final Fantasy soundtrack, but it's good.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@Contro: He only did the main theme for Crysis 2.

He also worked on MW2, right?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SSully

Idk if you noticed, but Hans Zimmer does the soundtrack for basically anything! He is the Nolan North of the soundtrack world, both movies and games. And like Nolan North, he is awesome so I dont care that he is almost everything.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Jost1

@SSully said:

Idk if you noticed, but Hans Zimmer does the soundtrack for basically anything! He is the Nolan North of the soundtrack world, both movies and games. And like Nolan North, he is awesome so I dont care that he is almost everything.

It also helps that he has a huge team of ghostwriters, co-composers and orchestrators to help him out.

And that's NOT a knock against his skills, it's the reality of how he does stuff. It's efficient.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

@Jost1 said:

@SSully said:

It also helps that he has a huge team of ghostwriters, co-composers and orchestrators to help him out.

And that's NOT a knock against his skills, it's the reality of how he does stuff. It's efficient.

"Make song!"

And a thousand quills moved.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

I know, it's really awkward. I have no idea what this is; all I know is that it has Spyro and other little characters. It's weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.