Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 13, 2011

Spyro and friends are toys come to life in this new 3D platformer from Toys for Bob and Activision.

PS3 vs. Wii vs. PC?

Thaedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thaedor

Has anyone tried the game on the PC. Are the graphics better? Is it buggier?

Trying to decide which platform is best if I'm going to take the leap.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Th3_James

WAIT THIS IS ON PC??? Awwww shit.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@Th3_James said:

WAIT THIS IS ON PC??? Awwww shit.

It's on everything.

Everything.

Activision wants your children!

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By James_ex_machina

Damn I bet this game is awesome on a PC!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MrMazz

You forgot the 3DS version clearly the Superior system to play it on. That Legendary Spyro in 3D

Thaedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thaedor

@MrMazz: @MrMazz said:

You forgot the 3DS version clearly the Superior system to play it on. That Legendary Spyro in 3D

Have to share it between two kids and we only have one 3DS. Not going to add another 170$ to the whole endeavor.

Zanzibar106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zanzibar106

Late to the party, but here's the overall 'Which Version Should I Buy?' writeup:

The Console versions (I'm including PC/Mac in this) is freakin' HUGE, 22+ levels, probably 10-15 hours of gameplay for an experienced gamer and significantly more than that for kids. The game plays like a Diablo dungeon crawler/RPG lite. Each Skylander you own unlocks a different Heroic Challenge within the game that gives permanent stat boosts if you beat it - once unlocked, you can play that challenge multiple times with different Skylanders to get the same stat boost for each. Co-op is a blast and the PvP modes are ridiculously complex. Add it all up and there's a TON of content.

3DS version is single-player only, has its own storyline, and is comparatively short. It's definitely more of a platforming game than the Console version, with jump and dash maneuvers for each Skylander. It has the exclusive Dark Spyro figure, but the other two figures (Ignitor and Stealth Elf) are either available now separately (or else will be in a future toy wave). The Portal is wireless but communication with the 3DS uses IR and is a bit flaky. However, it's probably the best thing available to play on your 3DS right now that's not a Nintendo re-release.

Console version comparisons: The Wii version is the lead platform, has the fewest bugs, and a wireless Portal. The other versions for the X360, PS3, PC and Mac are ports and have some pretty significant oddities/bugs. The main gameplay for the characters is pretty similar, but a lot of the minigames/boss battles feel and play different (read: worse), and the cutscenes lack a lot of the polish you see in the Wii version. But they're running in HD and have Achievements/Trophies. The X360 version uses a wired Portal, but the other versions have wireless Portals. The lower review scores seem to be coming from the next-gen versions, while the Wii version seems to be getting 9s.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jetsetwillie

graphics are ALWAYS better on a PC.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DrMcKittrick

There is a 360 version too you know.

scfisher2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scfisher2000

It's my son's birthday soon. My wife and i are separated and have split the game consoles (wii and PS3)

My son wants skylanders.

Am i right in thinking we could buy a WII version and a PS3 version and son could use the figures he gets with PS3 on Wii and vice versa?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.