Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dwarf Fortress

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Dwarf Fortress is a single-player, high fantasy simulation game in the style of old ASCII Roguelikes. You can control either a Dwarven clan attempting to build a settlement or a single adventurer in a randomly generated and persistent world complete with its own unique history.

Playing DF..except Adeventure mode!! I bite into Dingoes heads!!!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

I decided to watch a DF video of adventure mode. This one to be exact.

I watched it. He is a wrestler. So he wrestled Sasquatch to go the ground gouge out their eyes and then choke's them to dead with his turban....took the body met some troglodyte and began beating them to with the Sasquatch body. Found a one legged cyclops and threw rocks at it. Before....strangling it to death with his turban again......

So in the Dave Dwarf (D)video the chicken was wet on the head the left eye lid the left ear and all that jazz.....In combat they all matter. With a sword you can stab all those things. You can slash all those things. In wrestling you can grapple then punch, gauge and BITE! I took on 4 dingoes this way.

Let me set the scene. I am ambushed by dingoes. I run. one breaks of from the pack I grab it and gouge its eyes. It is now blind. I choke it a bit. the pack gets closer I throw the Dingoe in my hand and run a little. so 15 minutes of wrestling and throwing the dingoes. 3 keep passing out I remembered. i put points into bite. So when unconscious I bite into its skull and fracture it! bruise the brain and its DEAD! I took out 4 dingoes with wrestling throwing and biting!!! I am god!!!

I enjoyed playing it with weapons. Its all little text stuff it. Its fun as hell.

I have a better tileset than the video does. and its been updated alot since the video. Here is Mayday, no need to put in the graphics just download the game from here. and its already done

http://artgoblin.pl/df.php

A quick start guide for Adventure mode to those who want to try.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Adventure_mode_quick_start

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FengShuiGod

Adventure mode is pretty fun. I currently have a game going in which I have completed a couple quests, a good batch of companions and have lived for a relatively long time. I currently stumbled upon a town that just keeps going and going, and the frame rate is tanking. I don't know if it's a bug or what.

But I would also recommend Adventure mode for someone who is new to DF. It doesn't throw as much at you, there is some carry over in systems, concepts and UI and you get used to the graphics. Just expect to die. A lot.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Akyho

True dat!

I spent a while surviving thinking i was great. With my companions took on some humans. One was a lasher Wham! Head crushed and brain squashed...dead. Same happened to the rest of my companions as I watched the battle go on.

I was practicing wrestling on weasels...and I pinched its teeth...came off...ALL AROUND ME WERE WEASEL TEETH!!! I felt bad....so tested out pinching is nose...the nose came off a sailed in an arc. The weasel bled to death.....I AM A MONSTER!!!

I spent an hour wrestling as Pikeman. Kept biting him, he would shake me off. I broke an arm and that's why he lost his pike. However I just couldn't do anything to him. So I let him go and threw a crossbow bolt at him. Not fired. Threw got him in the gut caused him to puke and then die....awesome game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.