Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dwarf Fortress

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Dwarf Fortress is a single-player, high fantasy simulation game in the style of old ASCII Roguelikes. You can control either a Dwarven clan attempting to build a settlement or a single adventurer in a randomly generated and persistent world complete with its own unique history.

I always found it funny...

PeanutGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PeanutGod

That I can't really play this game due to my computer's specs, however, I can play Half-Life 2 and Fallout 3 just fine on low-mid settings. XD

ShadowMarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShadowMarth

Yeah, it's pretty damned processor-intensive. You can tweak the settings in the config file to your preferences though with a little information from the wiki, and you can almost certainly get it running.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SoylentGreen

I run it on my 3 year old MacBook with an Intel Core Duo. Runs fine until you have a million cats running around the fortress, which is, unfortunately, quite often.

animegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By animegreen

just slaughter and cage all the cats, and embark on areas with only one or two aboveground levels or axis's.

Ivar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Ivar

I can run it smoothly at about 100 fps, untill i get more than about 80 dwarfs and 150 pets. From that point it drops to 10-30 fps and stays there unless i murder half my population :(
    On my dual core laptop that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.