100+ Things You've Learned Playing Sleeping Dogs!

• 142 results
#101 Posted by Undeadpool (4941 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

5. A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.

This MIGHT be the truest thing ever said. In living history. Thank you, Sleeping Dogs.

#102 Posted by Ace20A (25 posts) -

86. Once you're a badass Triad Boss/Undercover Cop who is on the hunt for the guy responsibles for killing your best friend, a shotgun blast to the shoulder in close range is nothing more than a scratch.

#103 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

@Ace20A: that's pretty spoilery. Already beat the game and the storyline isn't the best, but still

You can use spoiler tags by clicking "more" at the right corner of the post text. Like so

#104 Posted by Ace20A (25 posts) -

87. Real men sleep with sunglasses on!

#105 Posted by Ace20A (25 posts) -

@Bigandtasty: Oh, sorry, didn't know that. And thanks for the tip!

#106 Posted by sub_o (899 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Genkkaku said:

16. Against popular opinion, Cantonese is NOT the main language in Hong Kong

Are they mostly speaking Mandarin? I was wondering about that, but I'm also a stupid American who can't tell the difference.

No, the Hongkongers do speak Cantonese in daily life. But in Sleeping Dogs, seems like everyone speaks English 80% of the time.

#107 Posted by Ace20A (25 posts) -

@Bigandtasty: Yeah, you're probably right. But still, you've got to admit that there hasn't been an open-world title with such good story for a while.

#108 Posted by Th3irdEye (258 posts) -

Aww, this tread only got to 87. Guess I'll continue.

88. As a known leader of a feared triad, shop keepers will still refuse to sell things to you if your face is not appealing enough to them.

#109 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

89. Buy as many cars, clothes and shoes as you like. Amass millions upon millions of extra dollars in your wallet. But no matter what, you are never allowed to own a motorboat. You'll have to settle for easily stealing various conveniently placed boats whenever you feel like it.

#110 Posted by Rasmoss (456 posts) -

90. There are security cameras all over Hong Kong, but the only way for the police to access the footage is to show up on site, beat the crap out of everyone around, and hack into the camera themselves.

#111 Posted by PhilESkyline (778 posts) -

91. Game developers use HTML tags.

#112 Posted by zFUBARz (627 posts) -

@Bigandtasty said:

69. Women in Hong Kong are usually open to sex on the first date, but are rarely interested in second dates.

.... i just realized, Wei is lousy in bed, it all makes sense now, (also appropriate that you got 69)

92. There is nothing suspicious about a man dressed as a Thai Warrior wielding a machne gun going 100+ miles an hour on a motorcycle down the sidewalk, also using on coming traffic as ramps is usually fine too.

#113 Posted by sciential (31 posts) -

93. Secret offshore gamblers are fine with betting for sex-trade slaves, but won't wager more than $5000 a hand.

#114 Posted by believer258 (11909 posts) -

94. You can use oncoming traffic as perfectly good ramps for motorcycles.

#115 Posted by bemusedchunk (692 posts) -

95. Meat hooks can be used for more than just hanging meat.

#116 Posted by Fredddi43 (331 posts) -

95. In Martial Arts Clubs, it's totally fine to kill each other for practice.

#117 Posted by cosi83 (397 posts) -

In Hong Kong tomorrow, wish I had played this beforehand! Oh well! Will just go on the HK movie references

#118 Posted by Pr1mus (3910 posts) -

96. Because wet pavement looks cool, it rains all the time in Hong Kong.

#119 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@AmatureIdiot said:

39.Some clothes found on the street are still to classy for you to wear.

hahahaha

#120 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

97. Drug hideouts have a conveniently placed firearm

#121 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

98. Chinese ghosts hop. (Thanks Nightmare at North Point!)

#122 Edited by RetroVirus (1472 posts) -

99. What is belonging, brother, when we are all part of the same cosmos?

#123 Posted by dvaeg (189 posts) -
@Undeadpool

@iAmJohn said:

This MIGHT be the truest thing ever said. In living history. Thank you, Sleeping Dogs.

I ate pork buns for the first time tonight based solely on my desire to feel whole.
#124 Posted by Undeadpool (4941 posts) -

@dvaeg said:

@Undeadpool

@iAmJohn said:

I ate pork buns for the first time tonight based solely on my desire to feel whole.

Welcome to the fold. The Whole Fold...that doesn't sound right...

#125 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

100. Purses are the ultimate weapon

#126 Posted by Legion_ (1283 posts) -

101. Dogs sleep

#127 Edited by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -

102. In Hong Kong, the word "Actress" is synonymous with "Prostitute"

#128 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

103. Emma Stone is still a babe, even in a video game.

#129 Posted by cky4890 (109 posts) -

17.A LOT OF PEOPLE IN HONG KONG SPEAK ENGLISH

#130 Posted by el_stork (65 posts) -

104. The trunk of every cop car in Hong Kong can be opened with a single key.

#131 Edited by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

105. One thing missing from this game is the radio options similar to what was in Saints Row 3 where you can select the radio stations you want to hear or not.

106. The game can get insanely cheap & screws you over when fighting a group of dudes (for a drug bust), while locked on targeting someone & one more hit will kill you, moving in such a way that a sign will be between the player & the character meaning you're literally blind at what's going on, get hit & die.

#132 Posted by Hailinel (24799 posts) -

@fox01313: What are you talking about? You can change radio stations.

107. If you just held a gun to Mrs. Chu's head, don't turn your back to her. You idiot.

#133 Posted by believer258 (11909 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

105. One thing missing from this game is the radio options similar to what was in Saints Row 3 where you can select the radio stations you want to hear or not.

106. The game can get insanely cheap & screws you over when fighting a group of dudes (for a drug bust), while locked on targeting someone & one more hit will kill you, moving in such a way that a sign will be between the player & the character meaning you're literally blind at what's going on, get hit & die.

Never use the lock on in Sleeping Dogs.

@Hailinel said:

@fox01313: What are you talking about? You can change radio stations.

I think he means that you can completely turn off radio stations in Saints Row 2 and 3, and he wants that feature here. Sure, you can change, but there is no way to ensure that you will never hear them at all when getting into a random car.

#134 Posted by Hailinel (24799 posts) -

@believer258: Ah, well. Fair enough.

108. The best way to mess someone up on heroin is to first mess up their feng shui.

#135 Posted by Paindamnation (805 posts) -

109. When in doubt, slam someone's head in a phone booth.

#136 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3393 posts) -

110. Winston's mom probably has OCD.

After you meet Winston's mother in the game don't leave the restaurant, just watch her. She cycles through animations that just have her cleaning the kitchen.

#137 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

111. If you don't recognize the drug dealer fast enough on camera the camera will do it for you.

#138 Edited by Indiana_Jenkins (390 posts) -

112. This game LOVES the Y Button/Triangle Button.

#139 Posted by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

113. VINNY IS THE MOST VIOLENT SLEEPY DOGS PLAYER EVER.

#140 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3393 posts) -

114. Hong Kong littering epidemic consists of purses and bowls.

#141 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

115. @vinny loves Sleeping Dogs more than any other person on the planet.

#142 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

112. This game LOVES the Y Button/Triangle Button.

116. Sleeping Dogs also LOVES the right mouse button!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.