$27.99 y'all! How low can it go?!

#1 Edited by hwy_61 (912 posts) -
#2 Posted by MB (11306 posts) -

Great, I just spent the full $49.99 on this last night. Oh well, I should know better than to buy PC games at full price anyway.

#3 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

That was fast. I feel like it was completely worth the full price I paid for it though so no regrets here. I recommend any fence sitters to grab this one.

#4 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

I just bought it off of GMG for $35 using the pcgamer coupon code, oh well it's not that big a difference in price I guess...

#5 Posted by SuperJoe (853 posts) -

Is this site legit? They're also selling a Russian copy of Skyrim for $17, offering a VPN service to activate it with a Russian IP.

#6 Posted by twigger89 (275 posts) -

@SuperJoe said:

Is this site legit? They're also selling a Russian copy of Skyrim for $17, offering a VPN service to activate it with a Russian IP.

I am curious about this as well, as they have some pretty great deals (spec ops for 18 bucks) that I would happily jump on if someone could vouch that this wasn't a scam.

#7 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Taken from the legal infos :

Geniune PC Games: All PC Games are picked up through major distributors in their original retail boxes. We test all games before selling so we inform you about available languages, regional limitations (if any) and any other necessary instructions whenever needed.

They... bought boxed versions and then re-sell them as codes online?

#8 Posted by Grilledcheez (3919 posts) -

I'M AFRAID OF THIS SITE

#9 Posted by twigger89 (275 posts) -

Yeah, this is starting to seem more and more shady...

#10 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Shady as fuck, but god dammit it has to be legit otherwise they'd have been killed by the Russian mob by now.

#11 Posted by CornBREDX (4457 posts) -

It's probably legit in how it's skirting international laws. I am pretty certain of this and would not give them my bank info.

#13 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Went against my instincts and bought it anyway. It remains shady all the way through purchasing, but I have the game now so...

#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

Wow, shady as shit. Who actually takes a picture of a CD key with some Russian written next to it and sends that to a customer?

Oh well. Game bought. I wouldn't have done it if I couldn't pay via PayPal.

#15 Posted by Iodine (532 posts) -
#16 Posted by g6065 (270 posts) -

@JJWeatherman said:

Wow, shady as shit. Who actually takes a picture of a CD key with some Russian written next to it and sends that to a customer?

Can you keep us abreast of how it goes, comrade?

#17 Posted by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

"Playing the good games is not a luxury: Our Games are original. As such we cannot give them for free but we can pass them at very decent prices. Why to overpay in your local store when you can get the game NOW and much CHEAPER?!"

Wut?

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

May lord have mercy on anyone trusting this site with their credit card.

#19 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

I did buy it for £17.99 last night on steam. That is 22 euros. I could prove with my email bill...but not going to.

However I got back to the same site and such. It is marked as £26 http://www.mmoga.co.uk/Steam-Games/Sleeping-Dogs.html

That is translated as $28

5 minutes later had my steam key input to steam. In 30 mins I was playing, 11 mins for the original 5GB and 20 for the High res DLC....then 30 mins getting my KNOCK OFF MICROSOFT WIRELESS RECEIVER TO FING WORK!!!

30mins directly and not due to counterfeit hardware.

I was an Russian code as in it goes "you want to DL Sleeping dogs RU?" I had rolled the dice and it is a perfectly fine dl and function. English and everything. I didnt get fucked...still In my attempts to get such a deal It could have been nothing.

#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

@g6065 said:

@JJWeatherman said:

Can you keep us abreast of how it goes, comrade?

Seems to have all gone well. The code came up as the Russian version of the game on Steam, but that was just a little (RU) as I was redeeming. Otherwise it's all in English and seems to be working just fine after playing for 15 minutes.

#21 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

@MB said:

Great, I just spent the full $49.99 on this last night. Oh well, I should know better than to buy PC games at full price anyway.

Same. Don't know what I was thinking. The game is damn good though.

#22 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

I think I might have bought a copy of Battlefield 3 from that site when it first came out.

It was a Russian key, so I had to go through 2-3 steps/downloads to replace RU files with EN files. Worked fine tho, still does actually. That was through Origin though, so I can't speak to what Steam will or won't do in a situation like this.

Also Sleeping Dogs is $20.50 on there now.

#23 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

HOW LOW CAN IT GO? How about $19.99?

Yeah, Direct2Play have reduced the price AGAIN and it's now at $19.99. I just bought it from them. Those crazy Russians have my business for life. I've, so far, bought Dark Souls from them (£16) and Battlefield 3 (£11). And now Sleeping Dogs for £12. Ridiculous. They've been awesome and sent me the Steam/Origin code instantly. Paying with Paypal too, so I feel pretty secure doing it.

#24 Posted by bchampnd (108 posts) -

Pretty impressive for a game this new. I love how fast the price drops have been happening with games lately, particularly on PC.

I've basically stopped buying games Day 1 for this exact reason. Wait a few weeks and get it half off. (I know I'm going to be kicking myself for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 when it's 20 bucks 2 weeks after launch but the first one was great and I want to make sure to support the series so hopefully we'll get a third game in a few years.)

#25 Posted by Vitor (2789 posts) -

@MB said:

Dude, you could find it for $36 on GMG weeks ago. That deal was up before launch and stayed there. You just need to know where to look. Last time I paid full price for a PC title on launch was Fall of Cybertron but that's because Activision limited the run of copies sent anywhere but Steam.

#26 Posted by That1BlackGuy (217 posts) -

I feel bad for people who bought it at full price, just hope they got their money's worth, I got a good deal for my copy by a friend. By holiday season, it'll be even cheaper for sure.

#27 Posted by jkz (3956 posts) -

I dunno, I honestly am fine with having waited to buy it till I could find it cheaper, because that's how I do it at this point in my life, but if I had bought it full price I'd have been alright with it. I had more fun playing Sleeping Dogs than I have with any other game this year. I thought every bit of it handled well, and although the writing and VO was really...off, somtimes, the story was fun as hell to play through. I'll probably play through it again once I beat the Darkness II and Darksiders II and whatever the hell else I get over the next few months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.