Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Am I crazy or does the PC version have scanlines?

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Adaurin

Just started playing the PC version and all the characters have a glowing aura around them. Also depending on how far an object or person is they have what look like old school scanlines on them. Am I insane or is that an artistic choice for the game? I never noticed it in any videos. If it does exist, is there anyway to turn it off?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gaminghooligan

been watching my friend play on pc while I play xbox and we haven't seen any. However on the pc version he's playing we've seen some screen tear. COuld just be his shitty lap top. Never fear though, Im sure if you're seeing scan lines, there will probly be a fix here in the next few days if not by the devs then by the gaming community. I had mad crossfire on my Skyrim, a week after launch I found a quick fix, turned out it was just a flaw cause by an update for my graphics card drivers

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Adaurin

I turned Screen Space Ambient Occlusion to Normal instead of High and that fixed it. Looks a lot better.

simkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By simkas

Yeah screen space AO has a bad habit of looking like shit and adding ugly auras around all edges if it's not on high in most games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.