Any DLC worth it?

#1 Posted by Fredddi43 (335 posts) -

Hey, finished the game on Xbox and now I'm picking it up on PC to experience it again in the cool HD graphics. Is there any DLC (played Vanilla on Xbox) that is worth buying? Besides the North Point thing?

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@Fredddi43 said:

PC to experience it again in the cool HD graphics.

What??? The Xbox version is already in HD!

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5581 posts) -

The Halloween DLC is great, and the new Zodiac tournament is pretty cool but very short. Get those 2. Everything else is just cosmetic, and buffs for your scores/money.

#4 Posted by Fredddi43 (335 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Yeah but I mean with the High Definition Texture Pack and all the bells and whistles ;) Sorry about the confusion.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@Fredddi43: I know, I was being sarcastic. :3

#6 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

The Halloween DLC is great, and the new Zodiac tournament is pretty cool but very short. Get those 2. Everything else is just cosmetic, and buffs for your scores/money.

I only bought those two but there's a police pack that I think also contains missions but it's purely side mission no narrative I think.

#7 Posted by Fredddi43 (335 posts) -

@awesomeusername: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJp2XAWma_I Still learning that...

@AlisterCat: @thabigred: Thanks, I'll pick up these three

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@AlisterCat said:

I only bought those two but there's a police pack that I think also contains missions but it's purely side mission no narrative I think.

yea, the SWAT pack contains like 20-ish side missions where you just shoot a bunch of dudes. it's pretty cheap but i don't think it's all that great especially since some of the encounters are like 20 seconds long.

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5581 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@AlisterCat said:

I think I might have had that as a pre-order thing so I didn't think about it. Not worthwhile content though.

#10 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

I bought a pack that brought me to level 10 on the Face, Triad and Cop trees.

#11 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

@awesomeusername: more like 'HD' Xbox doesn't run at 1080p, it runs at 720p That's like that HD ready shit you see on TVs.

#12 Posted by Wes899 (2115 posts) -

Just posting to say nice profile picture <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.