Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

I might check this game out. How long is it?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

The only GTA like game I've ever played is Red Dead, but it's easily one of the best games I've played this generation. I gave it a shot initially because I had never played anything western themed. I'm particularly put off by the idea of doing whatever in a GTA like game, but I've heard Sleeping Dogs is like a good kung fu movie. I might give this a shot, but I'm not ready for something that's going to last 40 or so hours. I'm looking for a nice 25 hour game. It's fine if its a bit shorter than that.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Depends on if you do all the sidequests or not but I think my mains story completion was about 15 hours.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#3  Edited By tearhead

If you stick to the story and don't dick around doing side stuff, you could probably finish in that time, maybe even less. I did almost all of the side stuff, and Steam has 34 hours played for me.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By living4theday258

@Tearhead: steams playtime isnt really accurate because it counts the pause time, the launch time, ect...

On topic, im not sure how long it takes i spent a good bit of time dicking around.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Laiv162560asse

When I saw the thread title, I thought that would be hoping for a long game rather than a short one, so I came in ready to say 'yeah, it is pretty short, but try it anyway, it's great.' If you're actually hoping for it to be on the short side, then absolutely go for it. I have 35 hours clocked up, which includes doing every single side activity I could find, lots of repeats of re-doable missions, quite a lot of aimless driving/sailing around and lots of benchmark/menu fiddling. You could knock 20 hours off that if you were to just plough ahead with the story.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I completed most of what the game had to offer at about 25 hours.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By jimi

Took me around 11 hours but I barely did any of the side stuff. Still happy with my purchase though as the main-line is great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I beat it in about 12 hours but it wasn't a very thorough run. I can't see anyone getting more than 30 out of one playthrough, though, and that's a stretch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

If you dive straight through it without side stuff Id say the high teens like 15 or 16.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mak_wikus

It took me 40 hours to S-rank it and complete the Nightmare DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

15 to 20 hours seems like a good estimate for an average playthrough, assuming you're doing a good deal, but not all, of the side content.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By djou

I got the platinum for the game and my game clock was at ~32:00 hours. I fucked around a lot causing mayhem on the streets and did a few hours of grinding to get some of the achievements. Its definitely nowhere near as long as RRD. You can play that game forever, there's no random events in the environment and no compelling mini-games like poker.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By JoeBigfoot

Its just about the only open world game with a great storyline (aside from Mafia 2 and Red Dead (which could have been around 5 hours shorter if they cut out the mexico section)), and the combat mechanics are pretty awesome (if sometimes a bit twitchy). I split my time pretty much 50/50 between main storyline and side missions and clocked up 35 hours or so. Didn't finish everything mind. Plenty of content in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.