Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Man, this game is busted for me. :(

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

I'm really enjoying this game...when it works! I'm playing on PC and for some weird reason the game just stops loading. About 5 times I'll be driving or walking around then just fall into nothingness. When I try and reload, nothing. When I try and meet Amanda instead of a cutscene...nothing, just black again. I've played plenty of games that crash or lock up but never come across a game that just stops steaming or loading like this. It's flat out ruining the game and making some missions literally unplayable. Is anyone else running into bugs or am I just unlucky?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi
    @Metal_Mills
    I'm really enjoying this game...when it works! I'm playing on PC and for some weird reason the game just stops loading. About 5 times I'll be driving or walking around then just fall into nothingness. When I try and reload, nothing. When I try and meet Amanda instead of a cutscene...nothing, just black again. I've played plenty of games that crash or lock up but never come across a game that just stops steaming or loading like this. It's flat out ruining the game and making some missions literally unplayable. Is anyone else running into bugs or am I just unlucky?
    Playing 360 version only bug I've had is every so often clothes vendors and the wardrobe become inaccessible to me. Which seems to be fixed by exiting the game and rebooting.
    albe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By albe

I was having the same issue last night, seems like I've fixed it by moving the game off my SSD and onto my old harddrive. Might be just lucky, but if you are running it on an SSD it might be worth a try.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By droop

Runs fine for me on SSD. 22 hours with only one CTD, and a couple of bugs. Maybe try to verify the integrity of the game cache

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.