OFFICIAL: SLEEPING DOGS 2.1 PATCH NOTES

#1 Edited by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

Version 2.1 of Sleeping Dogs for Windows PC will go live today (North American time).

Sleeping Dogs – Update 2.1 Release Notes

• Support for future DLC packs
  • Reintroduced fix for VSync ‘stutter’ issue
  • Reverted minor unintended changes to some cut-scenes introduced in update 2.0

Essentially, this update reverts the few issues from update 2.0 and adds support for our forthcoming story mission DLC.

#2 Posted by Gimm3nicotinE (19 posts) -

Woooo! Just yesterday I was thinking "man, Sleeping Dogs needs more DLC".

#3 Posted by huser (1042 posts) -

Can't wait. I wonder what the DLC will entail. Another film send up?

#4 Posted by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

We'll be releasing the first set of details on Friday or, if something goes horribly wrong, on Monday.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@Gimm3nicotinE said:

Woooo! Just yesterday I was thinking "man, Sleeping Dogs needs more DLC".

Sleeping Dogs needs more Quick Looks and Vinny is the man for the job.

#6 Posted by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

Wow, this forum kinda rocks. Should've come here sooner!

#7 Posted by Daneian (1207 posts) -

Does this fix the screen saver bug during cinemas?

#8 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

have you seen the DLC quick looks done on this site? How do you feel about a game you are part of being portrayed in this manner?

#9 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

I am very excited for the forthcoming three hour Vinny Quick Looks.

#10 Posted by Meepasaurus (205 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

I am very excited for the forthcoming three hour Vinny Quick Looks.

VERY.

#11 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs is a rare game where I welcome more story DLC, usually when Im done with a game...im done with it.

#12 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Always room in my heart for more wei shen.

#13 Posted by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

@jonnybob said:

have you seen the DLC quick looks done on this site? How do you feel about a game you are part of being portrayed in this manner?

If I could get the videos to play, I'd let you know!

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz said:

We'll be releasing the first set of details on Friday or, if something goes horribly wrong, on Monday.

Awesome! I can't wait to make Wei Shen eat more pork buns!

For reals. Welcome and thanks for the patch notes! :D

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz said:

@jonnybob said:

They have a YouTube channel as well. If you want to look up videos on there. =)

#16 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz: here you go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyeZWWe0WyU

Love the game BTW, still have to finish the DLC

#17 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

The commitment you guys have to support this game is outstanding. I would rank it close to CD Projekt Red Standards, which is quite the feat.

#18 Edited by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

Okay, I've scanned through the NiNP vid and TZT vid open YouTube. They seem perfectly fine and more than a little tongue-in-cheek. I'm not sure what's contemptuous about them... They're just dudes having a laugh with the game, right? If so, that's great - having fun is awesome. I'm a big, big fan of having fun.

#19 Posted by deox (210 posts) -

Nice, I love me some Sleepy Dawgz! I've been meaing to jump back in and finish up some side missions. I skipped most of them during my first playthrough.

#20 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz said:

@jonnybob said:

#21 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz said:

Okay, I've scanned through the NiNP vid and TZT vid open YouTube. They seem fine and more than a little tongue-in-cheek. I'm not sure what's contemptuous about them... They're just dudes having a laugh with the game, right? If so, that's great - having fun is awesome. I'm a big, big fan of having fun.

Giantbomb can be a pretty funny place. In fact it was built on funny dudes having fun on video- and not in a weird way. You should definitely come here more often :D

#22 Edited by Monkeythumbz (23 posts) -

Wow, you guys are helpful! Little taken aback right now...

@Superfriend said:

You should definitely come here more often :D

Think I will. Feel free to PM me whenever. :)

#23 Posted by ch3burashka (5009 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz said:

Ironic you've just discovered the Sleeping Dogs forums despite having a Sleeping Dogs avatar.

#24 Edited by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

Oh man, I love Sleeping dogs but Its too heavy for my computer. I still have it installed with 5 hours of trying to make it work though. I like it that much!

I will probably buy the DLC just to support the great quicklooks that come off them.

@Monkeythumbz said:

Okay, I've scanned through the NiNP vid and TZT vid open YouTube. They seem perfectly fine and more than a little tongue-in-cheek. I'm not sure what's contemptuous about them... They're just dudes having a laugh with the game, right? If so, that's great - having fun is awesome. I'm a big, big fan of having fun.

Oh, the quicklooks arent contemptuous at all, Vinny is madly in love with this game.

#25 Posted by Fierrze (171 posts) -

I just got this last week for 360 (don't punish me oh master race for being an heretic!) I have to admit that the quick looks sold me on this and it has been a blast! Only problem i have with this is that atleast the 360 version seems to be bit dark and the brightness option seems to just adjust the menu brightness mostly, not ingame.

#26 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

Hope that also fixes the issue with the current dlc. The dlc doesn't get downloaded when you buy it together with the game :-(. Downloading the free high-res dlc works for some. Hope that or this patch works so I can enjoy the game ánd the dlc :-)

#27 Posted by Serpentenema (216 posts) -

After watching The Raid Redemption I was just thinking, "Just make this as a Sleeping Dogs DLC".

#28 Edited by TruthTellah (8534 posts) -

@Monkeythumbz: Any word on if this improves people's chances with avoiding HKship.exe from freezing up and crashing after starting the game? I bought the game a few days ago, and I'm still unable to get it past the main menu before it freezes. It has seemed like a pretty widespread issue across many different setups. If this patch can help with that, it would be fantastic!

#29 Posted by Lanceuppercut (129 posts) -

Not being able to connect to the social hub is about the only complaint I've had, wonder if this fixes that. More Wei Shen, and vinny quicklooks are a great thing!

#30 Edited by abdo (1037 posts) -

Just wanna say this game is awesome. I don't usually buy DLC for games but I might get Nightmare in Northpoint. Also, this is DLC done right: adds stuff to the game that's pretty much optional, unlike certain games that feel like they've removed something that should've been part of it to begin with.

Edit: forgot to mention that it's also great to see developers who give a damn about making great PC versions of their games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.