Played Just Cause 2? Unlock Rico outfit for Sleeping Dogs.

#1 Edited by Redbullet685 (6047 posts) -

This whole Stunt Position mechanic makes so much more sense now. If you've played Just Cause 2 on your console of choice or PC, you will automatically unlock a Rico Rodriguez outfit for use in Sleeping Dogs. And not only will you look like Rico, but the outfit grants the player a bonus which will make it so you can make Stunt Position moves from further distances.

Hopefully you can use the Grappling Hook from JC2.

Source (Beware - Its a link to IGN. Just letting you know because I know a lot of you despise them)

#2 Posted by falserelic (5445 posts) -

YAY!!!!!!

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -

Nifty!

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Man, that's pretty neat. I'm still going to use the Bruce Lee outfit, but that's neat, too.

#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

wat

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6047 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

wat

Eidos published JC2. Eidos is owned by Square-Enix. Square-Enix is publishing Sleeping Dogs.

#7 Posted by Lazyaza (2189 posts) -

Haha awesome, love it when devs do this kinda thing.

#8 Posted by TheHT (11389 posts) -

great!

#9 Posted by Daiphyer (1338 posts) -

That's so awesome.

#10 Posted by BisonHero (6570 posts) -

Just Cause 2 has characters?

#11 Posted by handlas (2685 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@Jack268 said:

wat

Eidos published JC2. Eidos is owned by Square-Enix. Square-Enix is publishing Sleeping Dogs.

wat

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6047 posts) -

@handlas said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@Jack268 said:

wat

wat

Ultimately, Square-Enix owns Just Cause 2.

#13 Posted by applet0n (654 posts) -

Awesome, guess I'll have to pick up a 360 copy off a friend then. Doesn't look like it'll recognise you having JC2 on another platform.

#14 Posted by Shirogane (3578 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Just Cause 2 has characters?

Well yeah, the grappling hook and parachute, duh. Oh and i guess Bolo Santosi....wait do i want to bring that up?

#15 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

I'm not sure if you can use the grappling hook. If so, that would be amazing (and if you could mod its range and speed like in JC2, even better).

#16 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Now i'm extra glad I picked up Just Cause 2 during the steam sale!

#17 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

Interest in Sleeping Dogs just went up about 500%. That's a really dumb thing to make me excited, but whatever.

#18 Posted by FakeKisser (348 posts) -

I've owned JC2 for a while on Steam, but I've never installed it. If I end up getting Sleeping Dogs, I guess I'll just install JC2 first, as well. Hopefully, that will get me to play it, since I really do want to but just haven't had the chance. :)

#19 Posted by Dimsey (955 posts) -

Not sure I'll use it, but that's a pretty rad addition.

#20 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

Kinda cool.

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (9976 posts) -

Can I dress him like Lightning and Lynch?

#22 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Damn, I lost my Just Cause 2 save so I hope they can also check achievements and gimmie some skin... ohhh yeahhhhh.

#23 Posted by elr0y7 (7 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that I got an in-game notice that I got this last night and didn't believe it, then I went to my wardrobe and there it was! Pretty awesome, loved that game, now I love this one too!

#24 Posted by konig_kei (624 posts) -

Looks too cluttered for my taste but here's something fun to do, drive up to the sidewalk and open the door as you approach civilians, spent like an hour doing this.

#25 Edited by artofwar420 (6291 posts) -

There's the added "ability" to hijack cars at a greater distance. I'm not sure how it works, but yeah it's awesome.

#26 Posted by larryrules138 (142 posts) -

@artofwar420 said:

There's the added "ability" to hijack cars at a greater distance. I'm not sure how it works, but yeah it's awesome.

With the Rico outfit equipped, drive behind a vehicle and hold down the A button for 360 or X (I'm assuming) for the PS3. When the arrow that appears turns green, release the button and hit it again to "action hijack" the person's vehicle. What the outfit actually does is make it so you don't need to be right up on the opposing car's bumper to hijack. Not amazingly useful, but it has come in handy for me on one mission and a few side missions.

#27 Edited by Capt_Ventris (594 posts) -

Been playing for a few hours and having a tonne of fun so far. The costume is not the only JC2 link in the game, I just heard an advertisement from one of the in-game's radio stations for the sunny holiday island of Panau!

#28 Posted by DoctorTran (1563 posts) -

Soo... When do you get access to the wardrobe?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.