Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition announced for PS4, XB1

• 72 results
    Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ezekiel

I find everything about this game to be average. I'm glad I only payed 4 dollars for it.

All these remasters are getting a little ridiculous now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I'm pretty excited about this.. wonder what exactly is up with the definitive edition. Amazing game if you haven't played it yet. I may just double dip myself...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From the amazon page:

The definitive edition of the critically acclaimed open world action-adventure rebuilt specifically for next-gen consoles including all the previously released DLCs valued at $85

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@sterling said:

From the amazon page:

The definitive edition of the critically acclaimed open world action-adventure rebuilt specifically for next-gen consoles including all the previously released DLCs valued at $85

ooooooooooohhhh noooooooo

Oh wait!

Wait wait wait!

That must just be the total value right? Like if you paid for the game new, plus all the DLC. No way on god's green earth that is the price.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Corevi
    @sterling said:

From the amazon page:

As in if you bought all the DLC separately it would cost you $85. Sleeping Dogs: DE is $60, which is actually the same price Steam has for the game and all the DLC bundled.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im glad this game is getting another chance. seemed like the best game no one played. loved nearly everything about it and prefer it to GTAs. now that i think about it i still have dome dlc to finish!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

From the amazon page:

ooooooooooohhhh noooooooo

Oh wait!

Wait wait wait!

That must just be the total value right? Like if you paid for the game new, plus all the DLC. No way on god's green earth that is the price.

Correct, game + DLC, but that price is still incorrect. The game on PS3 is less than $15. Where are they getting this value from. Are they assuming the full game is still worth $60?

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

From the amazon page:

As in if you bought all the DLC separately it would cost you $85. Sleeping Dogs: DE is $60, which is actually the same price Steam has for the game and all the DLC bundled.

Unless you wait for a Steam sale and snag all the DLC for dirt, dirt cheap.

Saying that though, I will absolutely buy this again, this was easily my game of the year when it came out! Only reason I haven't 100% the achievements is because the dumb Steam cloud ate my save and it broke me a little bit...

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I find everything about this game to be average. I'm glad I only payed 4 dollars for it.

All these remasters are getting a little ridiculous now.

There is nothing average about clothes lining pedestrians with an open car door... NOTHING.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The definitive edition of Sleeping Dogs has been available on steam since August of 2012.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sterling

@corruptedevil said:
    @sterling said:

From the amazon page:

There is only two real pieces of DLC, the rest is garbage packs with skins and crap. That has no value at all. And none of that is included in this edition either. Just the actual playable DLC.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Corevi
    @sterling said:

There is only two real pieces of DLC, the rest is garbage packs with skins and crap. That has no value at all. And none of that is included in this edition either. Just the actual playable DLC.

4: Wheels, Nightmare, Zodiac and Snake.

A lot of the smaller content packs also included a mission or two.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By RonGalaxy

If I could trade in my ps3 copy for a deep discount I would consider it, but I doubt that will be the case. 60 dollars for a 2 year old game is ridiculous. I bet you could get the pc version OFF sale plus all the dlc for less than that.

Edit: yup, game plus all the dlc is 40 bucks on pc off sale. On sale it's a lot less

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sterling said:

So this is what next gen has come to.

Yeah... the HD remakes are coming pretty early. I'm surprised by this announcement.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sure, I'm game! I never really played as much as I wanted of this on the 360, so maybe I'll finally pick it up on my new console.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ezekiel

@doctordonkey said:

The definitive edition of Sleeping Dogs has been available on steam since August of 2012.

The big difference for me is keyboard and mouse support. I wouldn't play Tomb Raider or this with a controller again. Yeah, the driving isn't as precise without analog, but it's a fair trade. It's not just because I find keyboards and mice generally more comfortable and practical. The Batman: Arkham-inspired combat systems (Witcher 2 being the other) play very well with a keyboard and mouse.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

That's cool for people who don't have good PCs, but I would wait for the price to come down even then. The North Point and Zodiac Tournament DLCs are maybe worth $3 each, and I bet the other story DLCs are the same.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

@doctordonkey said:

The big difference for me is keyboard and mouse support. I wouldn't play Tomb Raider or this with a controller again. Yeah, the driving isn't as precise without analog, but it's a fair trade. It's not just because I find keyboards and mice generally more comfortable and practical. The Batman: Arkham-inspired combat systems (Witcher 2 being the other) play very well with a keyboard and mouse.

See, I was in the other boat, even when playing it on my PC I couldn't stand the keyboard mouse setup, and I'm very much a prominent mouse user. To each their own!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By Bollard

@mb said:

Sleeping Dogs isn't exactly an easy game to run at 60 fps on PC with everything maxed out, even at only 1920x1200.

What?

Also, my 580 can max it out and run it at 60fps, and that card is ooooold now. It really wasn't that taxing a game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this came out on friday, apparently! Only noticed it now myself...not going to give it a try when it still costs over 50 euros, but perhaps someone else already did?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Corevi
    @glottery said:

So this came out on friday, apparently! Only noticed it now myself...not going to give it a try when it still costs over 50 euros, but perhaps someone else already did?

I tried it out. It actually looks pretty different. All the textures are nicer, the hair is way shinier and there are physics objects everywhere. A weird thing though is that all of the DLC that is integrated into the main story appears to not be in the game or at the very least doesn't unlock at the same place it did originally.

Also all the controller prompts are for Xbone not 360.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah it's weird that this was just kind of put out I guess? I'll probably play it again eventually, but I have Mordor and Alien and a bunch of other stuff to get through so it can wait

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked my copy up for £37. They really stealthed this out but I guess that's been a theme of this month. Looks alright.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.