Sleeping Dogs for £4

#1 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

All credit to

Right now, you can get Sleeping Dogs for as little as £4 via Greenmangaming.

"GMG has Sleeping Dogs for 66% off at the moment (product key redeemable on Steam) AND you can use the current 30% voucher, too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/en/pc/games/action/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition/

30% voucher

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Just insert that in the little voucher slot at checkout."

Note. Before purchase, you'll be given the option of credit or cashback. Taking the credit option nets you £4 for future purchases, cashback deducts a further £3.

Enjoy!

#2 Posted by Wampa1 (641 posts) -

@GetEveryone: Word's can't describe how stupid I feel for having paid full price. Even though I totally enjoyed the game that's a £26 pound difference.

#3 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Wampa1: All I can say is, I feel totally vindicated in having missed out at launch.

At this time of year always hold out until the sales.

Also, it's good practice to constantly be checking GMG these days. They have great launch prices.

#4 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Wampa1 said:

@GetEveryone: Word's can't describe how stupid I feel for having paid full price. Even though I totally enjoyed the game that's a £26 pound difference.

This is the reason we can't have nice things, if people won't pay full price for a game then don't complain there is no sequel. This game sold really bad because nobody bought it, it has however sold quite well in sales like these.

#5 Posted by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

Thanks duder! Sleeping Dogs for 11,90€ (-3€ cashback) is a pretty damn sweet deal. I doubt even Steam will beat that anytime soon.

#6 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Thanks for the heads-up, instant buy.

#7 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Wampa1 said:

This is the reason we can't have nice things, if people won't pay full price for a game then don't complain there is no sequel. This game sold really bad because nobody bought it, it has however sold quite well in sales like these.

And how is this "people's" fault?

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Snail said:

@Hizang said:

@Wampa1 said:

Because nobody bought it, so there won't be a sequel, so nobody should feel stupid for paying full price for a game as that money goes towards the people who made the game and keeps them in a job.

#9 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

This is truly a Christmas-Eve-Eve-Eve miracle!

Thanks for the heads-up Duder!

#10 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Thank you very much man!

was kinda sad to miss this when it came out!

#11 Posted by Fallen189 (4988 posts) -

Cheers dude!

#12 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Snail said:

@Hizang said:

@Wampa1 said:

Because nobody bought it, so there won't be a sequel, so nobody should feel stupid for paying full price for a game as that money goes towards the people who made the game and keeps them in a job.

I don't think this is "people's" fault. The game was released against some tough competition and didn't necessarily distinguish itself in a very competitive market (/season).

I was interested at launch, but my disposable income usually goes towards other things and I have to buy games sparingly.

Asininely stating that "we can't have nice things" because a product has been heavily discounted serves no one.

I bought their game, granted not during release window, but it's another sale. By advertising this discount, I'm hoping it'll pick up a few more.

#13 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Snail said:

@Hizang said:

@Wampa1 said:

So by that logic I should go buy every game out there?

People buy games they want to. I didn't buy this game at launch because I wasn't convinced. Only when I recently watched the Halloween DLC Quick Look with Vinny, Patrick and (I think it was) Drew, did I realize that the game was actually pretty cool and began considering I might consider getting it if there was a price reduction.

Giant Bomb had to market that game for me, because Square Enix didn't. All I knew about that game was that it was a heavily GTA-inspired game set in Hong Kong, which wasn't enough for me to buy it. And note that even after seeing how cool the game is I still don't want to pay full-price for it because there are other games out there that I want more than I do this one.

I don't have to be charitable towards every game developer out there so that they can keep their jobs. I also don't think people who didn't buy this game are whining that it won't be getting a sequel.

#14 Posted by Wampa1 (641 posts) -

@GetEveryone: Yep, learned that lesson. I got AC3 and Far Cry for £20 from GMG day of release.

@Hizang: But I did buy it... and at full price. Like I said I don't regret it, I enjoyed it immensely. But you can't hold it against me for being money conscious and feeling foolish when I buy something that drops so steeply in price this fast.

#15 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

Sleepy Dawgs did alright numbers - especially for what they paid of the IP. Besides, while the publisher will get less from these low price sales, when it comes to deciding how well a property did they look at total sales and don't break them down by price. They might break them out to first month and after that, but then people cant be expected to buy every game that looks promising full price day one.

#16 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a bitch. I just really liked that game is all.

#17 Posted by believer258 (11797 posts) -
@Hizang
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a bitch. I just really liked that game is all.
You didn't, but you must understand that some of us have to be very conscious of our spending habits. I can't spend $60 on every game I want. Besides, publishers often care more about the numbers than what the game sold for, so these discounts allow me and many, many others to contribute to developers not in dollars made, but in copies sold, and copies sold definitely helps keep a good dev in business
#18 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

i just paid $1.90 for this... i feel dirty

#19 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

Just grabbed it. Woot.

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Wampa1 said:

I feel duped and I paid £8

#21 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Go get it guys! That game is really good!

#22 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

This is one of my favourite games of the year, get it while it's cheap!

#23 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

EDIT: Nevermind, I am dumb. Don't post after just waking up, kids!

#24 Posted by martez87 (67 posts) -

Awesome thanks!

#25 Posted by Digiwth (151 posts) -

Got it for $11 Canadian!

Thanks!

#26 Posted by Bakumatsu (354 posts) -

Just bought it for 8.90€ on GMG with the voucher and the option to get 3€ back . Now that's a heck of a deal :)

#27 Posted by Optix12 (612 posts) -

Got it when it was on sale for £15 at GMG, still think it was totally worth the purchase. I think its just me but I thought the radio stations in this game really work well, found myself constantly on Daptone as I felt that sort of jazz worked in that setting. That or the HK based stations

#28 Posted by ColonelRick (114 posts) -

Best deal this holiday period so far, for me. GET CRACKIN' STEAM!

#29 Posted by wchigo (544 posts) -

@believer258: I think it was more in response to the "how stupid I feel for having paid full price" line from Wampa1. I can kind of understand that line of thinking as it's happened to me on several occasions (I bought a PS3 at $600 and then it dropped 100 bucks just a few days over a month) but now I just take it as the cost of supporting developers. A co-worker of mine bought the game for PS3 and I easily could have borrowed the game from him, but I decided to get the game on PC as arguably it performs best there and gladly paid $37.50 USD for it and full price for Nightmare in North Point to show my support to United Front Games and Square Enix.

That being said I understand finances can be tight since they often are for me as well, so I don't judge others (I'm hoping for a drop in price before I pick up Far Cry 3 on Steam even though I own it on PS3, and I'd prefer if I could get FTL and Hotline Miami for cheaper than their pretty low regular price of 9.99), but I can kind of understand why Wampa1 was slightly miffed about the comment.

Equivalent exchange Mr. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.