Sleeping Dogs magic

#1 Edited by Noku (14 posts) -

So I picked up Sleeping Dogs off a steam sale this last Xmas. Every time I tried to start it up it would crash before the logos started. I would reinstall it over and over, I would verify integrity every time as well but still it would not start. The start of this weekend I got sick and went through some games to pass the time. I start up Sleeping Dogs with no hope but BOOM it starts up fine. No clue how or why it worked after all this time but I'm happy to finely get into this game.

#2 Posted by believer258 (12068 posts) -

Great! It was my favorite game of last year, have fun!

#3 Posted by TheBluthCompany (406 posts) -

Get the leg break skill asap!

#4 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1467 posts) -

If you pick up something, you must then toss it without regard.

#5 Edited by Rorie (3168 posts) -

I think I got halfway through this before I finally kinda just stopped playing it. A little bit too easy, I would say, especially in the melee combat, and the storyline felt a bit too disjointed to be compelling.

Staff
#6 Edited by Aegon (5750 posts) -

@rorie said:

I think I got halfway through this before I finally kinda just stopped playing it. A little bit too easy, I would say, especially in the melee combat, and the storyline felt a bit too disjointed to be compelling.

Rorie, I shake my head at this. You probably didn't even meet Salty Crab. And you definitely didn't see the ridiculous kill at the end.

But I know the real reason you're not happy with this game. Emma Stone was a lie. She's just a setup for an ability.

#7 Edited by Daveyo520 (6914 posts) -

@rorie: Don't let Vinny see this.

#8 Posted by believer258 (12068 posts) -

@rorie: Finish it!...OK, if you can and want to finish it. The story does feel a bit disjointed in the center but few open-world games don't, and it wraps up really well at the end. Should leave you feeling pretty chipper.

#9 Posted by TheHT (11650 posts) -

And then Vinny looked down on Noku and said, "I will show you the Wei", and thus it was.

#10 Posted by gaminghooligan (1474 posts) -

funny, I had the exact same issue and it turned out to be a problem in the Direct X install and I had to get beta drivers. Now it works like a charm.

#11 Posted by Noku (14 posts) -

Thanks duders!!!

#12 Posted by Snail (8644 posts) -
@rorie said:

Pray that Vinny doesn't read this Matthew Rorie.

#13 Posted by madman356647 (341 posts) -

What if Vinny took over Rorie's account, and this is all a ruse?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.