Sleeping Dogs PC port

#1 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

I bought this game and it runs really good. I had to lower the SSAO and antialiasing, but everything else is maxed out and it looks and runs awesomely.

The reason I made this thread is because I find it curios how United Front Games, a studio that never released a PC game made such a good PC port . Now I know that some people are having problems with it (especially if your boot drive is not on C: ) but it ran great for me and overall it is accepted as a great PC port.

So I was gonna ask, is this solely created by UFG or was the PC port made by someone else? Wikipedia isn't clear on that.

#2 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Just got a brand new laptop and I'm still wondering how well it could run it

For example, it runs Driver, Deus Ex HR and Diablo 3 on highest

#3 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Just got a brand new laptop and I'm still wondering how well it could run it

For example, it runs Driver, Deus Ex HR and Diablo 3 on highest

Then you'll run it fine. I can't max out Diablo 3 but I can more or less max out Sleeping Dogs at 1920x1080 and it rarely dips below 30FPS on my laptop.

#4 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

I find the use of the word "port" in the context of discussing what is by far the best version rather interesting.

Also infuriating, in a subtle way.

#5 Posted by DeF (4806 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

I find the use of the word "port" in the context of discussing what is by far the best version rather interesting.

Also infuriating, in a subtle way.

agreed!

#6 Posted by PolygonSlayer (419 posts) -

I find the use of the word "port" silly in most cases these days anyway.

A port at least used to mean a game that was ported to run on a piece of hardware it was not originally intended to run on. Like for example Duke Nukem 3D on Playstation/Saturn were ports from the PC version.

Today port is just used all over the place. We already have a perfectly working word for that; version. As in PC version, PS3 version etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.