Sleeping Dogs won't start up.

#1 Posted by thethingaboutmachines (30 posts) -

Hello!

Like might others I recently bought Sleeping Dogs on PC when it was being sold for 91% off. I've been trying to get this game to work non-stop since I bought it with no such luck. I've tried every suggestion I could find all over the internet, but nothing has worked. I quite honestly don't even know where to begin with what I tried because I've just been going through lists.

When I launch the game a message pops up saying "Failed to start game (app is already running)". I have a feeling it's because of D3D11Insall telling me "Please Install latest service Pack. For instructions on how to install the latest service pack, see Microsoft knowledge article KB935791". My system is fully updated and my graphics card (AMD) has the 12.11 version because somebody suggested testing out the beta as it worked for him.

I would ask steam, but the last time I asked for help (War Z) they took 4 weeks to get back to me, so you folks are my last hope!

Thanks for reading.

#2 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

you might have to ask steam. the WarZ thing was a shit storm so they might have had a ton of support tickets.

#3 Posted by Funkydupe (3316 posts) -
#4 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -
#5 Posted by thethingaboutmachines (30 posts) -

@living4theday258: I've send one now. Hopefully they will get around to this one a little quicker than last time :)

@Funkydupe: I've tried that, but sadly didn't work. I appreciate the advice though!

@doobie: That's Blizzard Support for you.

#6 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Mine did the same thing and I just verified the game cache and all was well straight away.

#7 Posted by Xel (154 posts) -

What was Vinnys solution? Watch Thundercats, load up Law of the West and some other stuff...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.