Was anyone expecting this?

• 59 results
#51 Posted by ajamafalous (12145 posts) -
@mak_wikus said:

@ajamafalous said:

@mak_wikus said:

On topic: I absolutely love the game, but the fact that S-rank is unachievable after latest patch kinda ruined the fun.

What'd they do? (And no spoilers please :))

Anyway, I think I'm a little over halfway through the game judging by my number of completed missions on the stats screen, and I've done every side mission/event up to this point. I love nearly everything about this game. I'm trying to think back on the games I've played this year and I'm drawing a blank for the beginning of the year, but this is definitely the best game I've played in the last ~six months. I can't wait to find time to finish it.

They accidentally added 5 "debug missions" or something like that, which bumped Missions counter in the game's stats from 30 to 35. People say those debug missions were available and "somewhat playable" for a short period of time before a hotfix was released. United Front Games removed the missions, but the number 30/35 stayed. So now, after doing everything, the game says that my story progress is 85%, and the Completionist stat in Social Hub is stuck at 96,65%. So now I'm locked out from getting two achievements(Chief Inspector - 100% the game, and Gold Rush - 30 gold stats).

Apparently, it only affected people that were mid-story(like me). If someone completed the game pre-patch, the stats probably changed, but achievements once unlocked stayed, of course. Starting a new game past update seems to be the only work-around.

On the official forums a dev said that they are considering adding those missions back(in playable form, hopefully:) to allow players to achieve 100%.

Any grammar or spelling mistakes come from me being not English.

What a weird thing to happen. When was that update?
#52 Posted by mak_wikus (560 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@mak_wikus said:

@ajamafalous said:

@mak_wikus said:

On topic: I absolutely love the game, but the fact that S-rank is unachievable after latest patch kinda ruined the fun.

What'd they do? (And no spoilers please :))

Anyway, I think I'm a little over halfway through the game judging by my number of completed missions on the stats screen, and I've done every side mission/event up to this point. I love nearly everything about this game. I'm trying to think back on the games I've played this year and I'm drawing a blank for the beginning of the year, but this is definitely the best game I've played in the last ~six months. I can't wait to find time to finish it.

They accidentally added 5 "debug missions" or something like that, which bumped Missions counter in the game's stats from 30 to 35. People say those debug missions were available and "somewhat playable" for a short period of time before a hotfix was released. United Front Games removed the missions, but the number 30/35 stayed. So now, after doing everything, the game says that my story progress is 85%, and the Completionist stat in Social Hub is stuck at 96,65%. So now I'm locked out from getting two achievements(Chief Inspector - 100% the game, and Gold Rush - 30 gold stats).

Apparently, it only affected people that were mid-story(like me). If someone completed the game pre-patch, the stats probably changed, but achievements once unlocked stayed, of course. Starting a new game past update seems to be the only work-around.

On the official forums a dev said that they are considering adding those missions back(in playable form, hopefully:) to allow players to achieve 100%.

Any grammar or spelling mistakes come from me being not English.

What a weird thing to happen. When was that update?

Released alongside the Nightmare in North Point DLC. Update 1.7, and then 1.7numbersnumbers after hotfix.

#53 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Square Enix seems to be happy about the number of shipped units for the game, around 1,5 million units, though not the same as sold units, but it could potentially lead to a sequel, or more downloadable content. A good game for sure, & definitely a game you should check out if you have interests in these type of games.

#54 Posted by geirr (2707 posts) -

@Castermhief117 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Ravenlight said:

@PSNgamesun said:

awesome game, I really like that they mixed the Japanese language with English kinda like Binary Domain just makes it sound more authentic.

C'mon, buddy.

Are you saying that your average non-Chinese non-Japanese person is supposed to tell those two languages apart? You do realize that to the unfamiliar ear they sound basically the same right? :P

Sure - someone can mistake Cantonese for Japanese that's fine. But there's somewhat of a problem if you think that Hong Kong is actually in Japan.

We can't all be polyglots I suppose. ಠ_ರೃ

#55 Posted by BasketSnake (1285 posts) -

I'm ca 2 hours in. Great controls, fun combat, ok characters, great graphics and sound... BUT... I'm not feeling it. I need the FUN that saints row 3 gave me. What can I expect from this?? I've not read a single post from someone who didn't like it. I LIKE it but I don't find it too fun to play.

#56 Posted by dudeglove (8254 posts) -

I got it off steam recently, and it's a fabulous game. Unfortunately it suffers from the same thing LA Noire did, in that you're given this marvelous landscape but very little reason to explore it (although there are fairly well defined borders as to where you can go). In other words, don't go in expecting a Rockstar style game. It's a linear experience, but by no means a bad one. The side stuff for building cash and 'face' is a little superfluous. It's fun beating the shit of gangsters, and the side stuff is engaging.

#57 Posted by Gutterkisser (220 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@FourWude said:

Man who no play Sleeping Dogs, is not a whole man.

What about a woman?

You look like you could use a pork bun.

#58 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@Gutterkisser said:

@Morrow said:

@FourWude said:

Man who no play Sleeping Dogs, is not a whole man.

What about a woman?

You look like you could use a pork bun.

What's a pork bun? o.O

My English-German dictionary says it's something to eat :D

#59 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

@ninnanuam said:

I bought it the same day i bought Darksiders 2. This is a better game by far.

Apples and testicles, surely?

Really excited to play it now. The great word-of-mouth has definitely sold me on it.

As soon as I have a little spare cash, I'll be buying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.