Slippy - Team Star Fox's most under appreciated member

#1 Posted by BoG (5184 posts) -

Everyone loves to hate Slippy. "He's lame and annoying!" They say.
I, personally, really enjoy slippy. He's a fun, charming Frog with a witty sense of humor. Much more interesting then that wannabe Krystal.
Who else is a fan of this frog?

#2 Posted by turambar35 (154 posts) -

I too think Slippy is cool and gets a crazy amount of undeserved hate.

#3 Posted by PinkElephant (112 posts) -

He just always seems like the first team member to need help, ya know? I don't hate him, but he's usually not that helpful.

#4 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Slippy is my favore character

#5 Posted by John (828 posts) -

To be fair, I only hate him when hes getting into trouble again and again and again. That's why I don't hate him in SF: Adventures, this time he actually helps you out w/o becoming a pain.

#6 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I was just about to post the exact same topic - 8 months later. But yeah, other than his annoying voice and lack of piloting skill, he's probably as important as Fox himself. Think about it, if he didn't analyze the shields of bosses in Starfox 64, would you even get past the first level? Nope.

#7 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

I think he's hilarious!

#8 Edited by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

Slippy is like the annoying friend you had when you were in school who would follow your group of friends around and invite himself to all your parties and everything your doing despite no-one liking him. Every friendship group has one (and if you're sitting there thinking that your group didn't, then you were him, YOU ARE SLIPPY!!!!!!!!).

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Without Slippy, there's be no Landmaster, and without the landmaster there'd be no awesome train level. Also SSBB would be more tolerable.

#10 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -
#11 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I liked the Star Fox characters better on SNES.  Those funny sounds they made.  Wa-wa-wa-wing damage

#12 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Slippy lured me into bed once. Best night of my life . . .

. . . until the morning after, when I was told Slippy is a man.
#13 Posted by yarles (18 posts) -

Not sure about that.

#14 Posted by monkey523 (177 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" Slippy is like the annoying friend you had when you were in school who would follow your group of friends around and invite himself to all your parties and everything your doing despite no-one liking him. Every friendship group has one (and if you're sitting there thinking that your group didn't, then you were him, YOU ARE SLIPPY!!!!!!!!). "
Well hello Dane Cook.....

Slippy is awesome!
#15 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

"No slippy! For the last god damn time i wil not get that bogey off your damn tail!"

#16 Posted by Rumour (95 posts) -

I think Slippy is a pretty cool guy. eh does a barrel roll and doesn't afraid of anything...

#17 Posted by neoyamaneko (154 posts) -
@BoG:  On the contrary, I think everyone likes Slippy.  He can't contribute much, but he gives 110% of what he's got.
#18 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

He's alright, but definitely unable to carry his weight in the battlefield, which can make him annoying. Still... his brains come in handy for the Star Fox team, and I certainly agree he's much more interesting than Krystal.

#19 Posted by madhattervx (58 posts) -

I appreciate Peppy less. Slippy is okay, but always annoyed me back o the 64.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.